Training Suze

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Had a dreadful day yesterday, intense pain, unable to move at all without hitting the roof, all my right side is agony, can't move my arm, being pestered by a bloody american customer who is being an intense pain. Having to buy a new harness for kim as the one the vet supplied broke. And trying to lift her as she hs lost her legs worse. Mum is way down my list of to dos.

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
@diplomaticandtactful that sounds horrid, are you sure you haven't broken something? I know going to A&E is a fearful nuisance, but is there a minor injuries unit or something similar you could visit? Even if nothing is broken, they could at least give you some co-codamol or similar. You poor thing.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
@diplomaticandtactful that sounds horrid, are you sure you haven't broken something? I know going to A&E is a fearful nuisance, but is there a minor injuries unit or something similar you could visit? Even if nothing is broken, they could at least give you some co-codamol or similar. You poor thing.
nothing bust it's just bruising to the ribs, i remember the pain from the previous time, it is just excruciating and it takes about 2-3 weeks to settle down again. I have some co-codamol in the house if i need it. managed at least to do the cat litter trays today which was impossible yesterday...

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
Sounds to me as if A & E? In spite of the initial inconvenience and risk. Might be woerht it in the long run. I post this as someone who did not go when I should have.

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Bad bruising to the ribs is really excruciating, as I remember from when Ziggy stepped on me. I could breathe, just about, but couldn't laugh or get puffed or even snigger. A cough was agony and a sneeze indescribable! But you're right that there is very little to be done. You could ask your chiro about kinesiology tape, it keeps you in one place so you don't hurt yourself by doing stupid things like getting up and walking about ;) . It was the only thing that really helped my ribs.

Reactions: carthorse

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Bad bruising to the ribs is really excruciating, as I remember from when Ziggy stepped on me. I could breathe, just about, but couldn't laugh or get puffed or even snigger. A cough was agony and a sneeze indescribable! But you're right that there is very little to be done. You could ask your chiro about kinesiology tape, it keeps you in one place so you don't hurt yourself by doing stupid things like getting up and walking about ;) . It was the only thing that really helped my ribs.
i remember wearing one of those years ago, keeps you really straight jacketed so you can only bend correctly etc. I had a fit of coughing earlier today which was not fun.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Ale Clicker training Training of the Horse and Rider 20
Jane&Ziggy Clicker training with Sid Training of the Horse and Rider 3
Jane&Ziggy Training horses for the movies - Ben-Hur Cafe 3
Wally Bird training. Cafe 4
chunky monkey Clicker training Training of the Horse and Rider 7
diplomaticandtactful Sad loss to horse training Cafe 0
Ale Clicker training Training of the Horse and Rider 15
Jane&Ziggy Charlie training update Cafe 0
domane Training for the Grand National... Cafe 1
OwnedbyChanter Books on training.... help please Cafe 5
WildatHeart Training a mellow yearling Training of the Horse and Rider 7
H Farrier training Training of the Horse and Rider 0
N Trec Training- gate / gaps question Other Disciplines 6
van Wolf Training aids Training of the Horse and Rider 23
Hope Price Update on Bear (Training an abused horse) Training of the Horse and Rider 3
R Sharpening up on manners and training Training of the Horse and Rider 1
Miss Appleby Welsh Section A Training Training of the Horse and Rider 2
Ale Training as an adult. Cafe 8
Jessey Poop training Training of the Horse and Rider 11
chunky monkey Hi training aid Training of the Horse and Rider 1
chunky monkey Clicker training sound Training of the Horse and Rider 6
Native Lover SJ training evening Competing 3
KP nut Training versus RE-training! Training of the Horse and Rider 16
chunky monkey Whoops I fell off, traffic training starts sooner than I expect Cafe 7
mu0ljk First Inhand Training Session Training of the Horse and Rider 9
chunky monkey Large vehicle training Training of the Horse and Rider 5
Gimp Peerieman Training Cafe 12
orbvalley Both of us training to jump Training of the Horse and Rider 3
Wally Tór pulls a shoe off this time, so we start his driving training Cafe 2
Alyssa13 Help on training some better brakes on a horse! Training of the Horse and Rider 7
Wally Nearly time to get the girls back in training. Cats, Dogs and other Animals 2
Jane&Ziggy Motivation, training and treats Training of the Horse and Rider 14
Ale Shocked by police horse in training riders. Cafe 20
Bodshi Traffic Training Training of the Horse and Rider 9
Cremola Foam Training a growing out hog Horse Care 3
Wally Motorbike training Cafe 2
OwnedbyChanter The ups and downs of Gingers training - video Training of the Horse and Rider 16
KP nut Riding/Training Holidays with Your Horse Training of the Horse and Rider 7
laceyfreckle Marijke de Jong - straightness training Training of the Horse and Rider 12
Wally Tór's first day driving training. Training of the Horse and Rider 8
popularfurball Training Aids to walking. Cats, Dogs and other Animals 4
N It would take more than training to get me jumping these! Training of the Horse and Rider 26
KP nut Training plans for ponies..... Training of the Horse and Rider 7
Wally Intensive bicycle training. Cafe 11
G Training Harry; unbacked Arab gelding Training of the Horse and Rider 11
chunky monkey Dog training collars Cats, Dogs and other Animals 35
Lucy Searle BHS Stage 2 Training and Exams Training of the Horse and Rider 2
Wally 2 years in the re training... Cafe 7
joosie XC / Derby training today Cafe 3
Rips Trec training at the weekend :) Other Disciplines 10