Training Suze

Had a dreadful day yesterday, intense pain, unable to move at all without hitting the roof, all my right side is agony, can't move my arm, being pestered by a bloody american customer who is being an intense pain. Having to buy a new harness for kim as the one the vet supplied broke. And trying to lift her as she hs lost her legs worse. Mum is way down my list of to dos.

@diplomaticandtactful that sounds horrid, are you sure you haven't broken something? I know going to A&E is a fearful nuisance, but is there a minor injuries unit or something similar you could visit? Even if nothing is broken, they could at least give you some co-codamol or similar. You poor thing.

@diplomaticandtactful that sounds horrid, are you sure you haven't broken something? I know going to A&E is a fearful nuisance, but is there a minor injuries unit or something similar you could visit? Even if nothing is broken, they could at least give you some co-codamol or similar. You poor thing.
nothing bust it's just bruising to the ribs, i remember the pain from the previous time, it is just excruciating and it takes about 2-3 weeks to settle down again. I have some co-codamol in the house if i need it. managed at least to do the cat litter trays today which was impossible yesterday...

Sounds to me as if A & E? In spite of the initial inconvenience and risk. Might be woerht it in the long run. I post this as someone who did not go when I should have.

Bad bruising to the ribs is really excruciating, as I remember from when Ziggy stepped on me. I could breathe, just about, but couldn't laugh or get puffed or even snigger. A cough was agony and a sneeze indescribable! But you're right that there is very little to be done. You could ask your chiro about kinesiology tape, it keeps you in one place so you don't hurt yourself by doing stupid things like getting up and walking about ;) . It was the only thing that really helped my ribs.

Reactions: carthorse
Bad bruising to the ribs is really excruciating, as I remember from when Ziggy stepped on me. I could breathe, just about, but couldn't laugh or get puffed or even snigger. A cough was agony and a sneeze indescribable! But you're right that there is very little to be done. You could ask your chiro about kinesiology tape, it keeps you in one place so you don't hurt yourself by doing stupid things like getting up and walking about ;) . It was the only thing that really helped my ribs.
i remember wearing one of those years ago, keeps you really straight jacketed so you can only bend correctly etc. I had a fit of coughing earlier today which was not fun.

Well after a long break, Suze asked to do some work today. Since our little parting of the ways, we have sort of not been talking, She has been keeping herself to herself and also going back to being a bit feral. This morning, she was tailing me as i went into each stable and did feet, head over door watching. So gave her a groom and we did some groundwork. She was happy to do it, not as sharp as she was but did standing at a distance, then backing up, half passes, going out on a circle and coming in or changing direction, then I shoulder reined her out to the field and left her there. So we start again. She's a very sensitive mare. I was doing a big tidy up and clear out and repack of winter rugs, done about half of them, and wanted to try them on her in the field, which she would have done before, but she was like she had never seen a rug. I caught her and brought her in and made her stand and then she stood and we fiddled around with various rugs to see if any fitted her or not. So she's back on track, will start doing little bits with her daily until i feel she is ready to be sat on again.

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
Suze has been telling me that she wants more attention so brought her in - she has been living out - and did her mane and tail and got most of the mud off her. We then did a little bit of work on the yard then did some in the field where i had fallen off her. She was very good, constantly turning to me wanting a cuddle but remembered all her training and did everything spot on. given she had hardly done anything since July, she was amazing. Took her a little walk along the road to the house where she had a carrot. So maybe once i get her ready to be ridden again i try to find livery where there is off road straight from the premises so i can get a bit more work into her and then get more experience in traffic. If i send her away to be ridden by someone else, she will go backwards at first so perhaps if i find a place i can go and work her for a few weeks then we can get her ridden work more established. Her voice work this morning was excellent, say halt and halt you have no need to use the reins. She is usually very good on voice ie. you can ask for 4 steps halt 2 steps halt all on voice, she is very accurate. 20220109_084605.jpg20220109_094027.jpg

Thanks. Was just curious. I keep looking at pictures that get put up and think do i like that would i like that for my next horse. Im useless with breeds. But i have a certain shape i seem to like.

Thanks. Was just curious. I keep looking at pictures that get put up and think do i like that would i like that for my next horse. Im useless with breeds. But i have a certain shape i seem to like.
comtois are from 14hh to 16hh some more delicate than others, some built like tanks, tend to have good characters and sweet

She's gorgeous - I have a friend who would kill for that flaxen mane and tail!

newrider.com