Training Suze

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
It's a big plus losing that fear. I'm no longer scared of Hogan's shenanigans - until recently I really had to make myself go out after a session, whereas now it's "meh".
I am hoping it was a one off but teaches me not to take her for granted. Will be a bit more careful with her and try to read her better.

Reactions: Huggy

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Ouch. Only just read this. Now i know why you said you were suffering on your other thread. I thought you'd hurt your back lifting Kim.
Poor you. Hope the pain relief helps.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Ouch. Only just read this. Now i know why you said you were suffering on your other thread. I thought you'd hurt your back lifting Kim.
Poor you. Hope the pain relief helps.
I think Kim at the moment might be slightly better than me as while she is wobbly she isn't in pain. Just got up, it really really hurts. Was in the middle of decorating the utility room, but that will have to wait as walking is enough of a challenge

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
Nah never used one except when riding in races.
It is like people who didnt fasten car seat belts till it became law. Nothing to be proud of not wearing the protection that is available. The fact that at some point in the past you rode at a higher level than I can imagine and have so much more experience, doesnt really explain why your physical condition at the moment is so much worse.
And the solution remains. Use a bp. and or an air jacket. I know other riding professionals who do. Younger than you. And it isnt anything to be ashamed of. They explain that if they get injured they dont work and dont get paid.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
It is like people who didnt fasten car seat belts till it became law. Nothing to be proud of not wearing the protection that is available. The fact that at some point in the past you rode at a higher level than I can imagine and have so much more experience, doesnt really explain why your physical condition at the moment is so much worse.
And the solution remains. Use a bp. and or an air jacket. I know other riding professionals who do. Younger than you. And it isnt anything to be ashamed of. They explain that if they get injured they dont work and dont get paid.
I never found them that comfortable. I am not ashamed of wearing one, it's just something i have never done.

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I wish id have been wearing my bp on sunday when the sheep took me off my feet. My backside is still black and purple.

Mind i went to a lady yesterday whose dog had run into her being chased by another dog. Her leg was blacker than my bum.

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
something i have never done.
Nor have I @diplomaticandtactful . I know what Skib means, I am always staggered to see people in the USA chucking their children on green-broke mustangs without a hat! But I have just never done it. Maybe I will try one on if I get round to jumping Sid, as jumping accidents seem to be particularly horrid.

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
I'm another who doesn't wear a bp. I find them restrictive and as such I feel more likely to fall. There is also evidence that shows while they will protect your back and ribs they can actually mean you do greater damage to internal organs in a fall because you land differently and forces are dispersed differently too.

At the end of the day I'm sure @diplomaticandtactful has enough experience to decide for herself whether or not to wear a bp, it's not as though she's saying others shouldn't or criticizing people that do.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I'm another who doesn't wear a bp. I find them restrictive and as such I feel more likely to fall. There is also evidence that shows while they will protect your back and ribs they can actually mean you do greater damage to internal organs in a fall because you land differently and forces are dispersed differently too.

At the end of the day I'm sure @diplomaticandtactful has enough experience to decide for herself whether or not to wear a bp, it's not as though she's saying others shouldn't or criticizing people that do.
my boobs get squashed in them, don't feel comfy.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
To add to a perfect week, we got an emergency call at 10pm last night that mum had fallen so i had to go down there, wait two hours for an ambulance having failed to get her up.

Today my ribs are utter hell, feeling sick with pain. I don't suppose trying to lift her, and lifting Kim is helping much.

• Wow

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
To add to a perfect week, we got an emergency call at 10pm last night that mum had fallen so i had to go down there, wait two hours for an ambulance having failed to get her up.

Today my ribs are utter hell, feeling sick with pain. I don't suppose trying to lift her, and lifting Kim is helping much.
I remember only too well the midnight calls when my mum had fallen - I can't even say "take it easy" because in this situation you just can't. Feel for you, d&t, I really do.

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Oh dear, really not your week. Youve got enough to deal with just now.
Hope mum was ok though. Even if she is hard work.