Coronavirus

But a business may survive another short lockdown with support, it's less likely to survive another long national lockdown. Plus if local lockdowns are left too late there'll be a lot more businesses threatened.

They do that here give people several days to be really stupid and careless.

Was London the place with the HUGE
HUGE party at a bar or something up to a couple hrs before some restriction kicked in????
And the owner may be brought up on charges??

But a business may survive another short lockdown with support, it's less likely to survive another long national lockdown. Plus if local lockdowns are left too late there'll be a lot more businesses threatened.
Ah but bj isnt supporting is he. Only if you are told to close in tier three.

A national lockdown need only be for a few weeks, support everyone like last time. We can't stop it. It's here. But this way looks to be a slow and painful way of killing the economy and dare I say it people. They will cancel routine ops again.

Tier three told to close the government pays two thirds of the wages. That's only pubs that don't sell food and restaurants from memory. However look at how many people's business's are screwed by that, no support for those. Tier two, the minute a town is no mixing indoors that's all the hospitality places pretty much dead in the water. No support.

We are a tourism area tier one. People are cancelling in their thousands.

My yard and work are tier 2 but my home 4 miles away is tier 1. Super confusing!

Who’s going to pay for the support of the entire nation for another national lockdown as you propose though @newforest? Even if it is just for a few weeks, It’s not like the government can just print money without it having a huge long term negative effect on our economy and all of us, we and the next generation are going to be paying for the last lockdown for the rest of our lives already. I’m not saying I disagree with another lockdown, just that we’re in between a rock and a hard place right now.

Perhaps if it was done properly this time and actually meant we got on top of cases, and could then control outbreaks in a NZ style fashion from then on, perhaps it would be less costly in the long run?

Reactions: newforest
Who’s going to pay for the support of the entire nation for another national lockdown as you propose though @newforest? Even if it is just for a few weeks, It’s not like the government can just print money without it having a huge long term negative effect on our economy and all of us, we and the next generation are going to be paying for the last lockdown for the rest of our lives already. I’m not saying I disagree with another lockdown, just that we’re in between a rock and a hard place right now.
If it was for just two weeks the government would support like last time.
As it is people are unemployed and signing on that's still coming from the government. Old jobs don't exist anymore.
If I close because I can't make ends meet, I get no support. So support short term as this feels like a nail in the coffin.

Many jobs don't exist and won't come back which is awful.

Businesses that don't obey the rules are going to put that nail in the coffin of other businesses that are doing the right thing
And struggling to keep with size limits.. masking ..distance .. taking contact info..
Screening for symptoms.

The ones that allow umasked undisciplined crowds running rampant
Will cause shutdowns that affect all the others.

Here they are shutting individual businesses that get a couple warnings and still continue to say screw you.

People also have to be responsible to not
Patronize the places that are not being careful or not following the rules... sadly as a worldwide society we are lacking there.

There will be huge pushback with the governor saying MANY cases are friends and family gatherings not necessarily huge. But everyone lets their guard down its friends. family.. neighbors
That I KNOW..

BUT IN REALITY YOU DON'T KNOW..
Nor do you know what their kids do
What are they bringing home from
College ..school .. parties.. school or sports..

Yet they come to the house and its akways all huggy huggy kissy kissy
No masks no distance.

People are not going to step up to being careful with who they have allowed in their homes.
I saw the huge pushback yesterday coming home from the store.
I pulled over to talk to a neighbor walking her dog.... at distance...
I mentioned governor and masking w people YOU DON'T LIVE WITH.

She bluntly said I'm having family over when ever I want in my house and we are not wearing masks or worrying about distance or anything else.
I didn't get into a ta-do about it.
I can understand her point...to a point
but this is where a lot of problems
Come from now they have found here from contact tracing.

I guess I'm lucky I'm NOT SOCIAL and
we have no family around except the horses and goats THAT ARE FAMILY.
and we KNOW they are not off in bars or at parties.

I really worry about how bad its going to get with halloween and thsnksgiving.

It has to be hard for people w big families that love gatherings.

Reactions: Trewsers
I was reading on our local pages about Halloween and how some were going to carry on as normal. Some were just going to dress up go round pumkin spotting and parents would give them the treat.
Other people were going to put treats in a little goody bag to give to the kids door knocking. This gets me. If you dont wash yours hands before packing the goody bag you could be transmitting. How is that any different to offering them a sweet from a tin.

Chunky.. its not any different.. sadly.

Its amazing how many parents don't worry enough to say NO NOT THIS YEAR
To their kids.

Its funny SALEM MASSACHUSETTS
witch capital of the world... the Mayor has told tourists and outsiders STAY HOME..
don't come here.

Roger Williams ZOO did well adapting their PUMPKIN SPECTACULAR..

It's generally a walk thru with thousands of carved lighted pumpkins along the trails. I've never been.

This year its a drive thru along the wider major trials. The drive thru would be safe and fun.

I'm going to stick a bowl outside and if parents want to risk it, up to them. My son's taking the wee one out and giving her a treat every time they see a pumpkin, but no door knocking. My daughter's having a Halloween party just for her two, which we might join, as we're in her support bubble.

Hospital admissions per day are not that far off what they were when we first went into lockdown. I live so close to so many tier 2 areas being this close to London. Such a worry
And with social distancing, masks, hand washing. It is us mixing with family and friends that's passing it.
The above three things go out of the window.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I'm going to stick a bowl outside and if parents want to risk it, up to them. My son's taking the wee one out and giving her a treat every time they see a pumpkin, but no door knocking. My daughter's having a Halloween party just for her two, which we might join, as we're in her support bubble.
So are you when you take it back in.

newrider.com