2022 Hacking and Riding

Just played in a lull here

He was silly but didnt yank me off .my feet.

I have to be very careful.
Its hard to say this but its really too warm
For too much carrying on being silly.

Hes about as full of mud as he could cram onto himself..

MR MUDBALL....

HE did settle down finally
To nice halts ... and reverse of direction.

We will have a flash freeze tonite.
The footing in the little sand arena was
Nicely drained soft so hopefully it will stay decent.
View attachment 110017

View attachment 110018

View attachment 110019

View attachment 110020

View attachment 110021
What a monkey!

• Haha
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Another good one today. Nice and forward, with no silly business. Mèt the chap with the spaniel puppy, finally on the lead. Guess why? She got out of their gate and ran into the main road, he had to stop the traffic to get hold of her. Exactly what he told me she'd never do. Who says that - about a puppy? 🤦‍♀️ He still let her get far too close to Hogan, and I really fear for her safety - something's going to hurt her eventually, which is such a shame. However, we had a lovely time, and I'm so enjoying getting more regular riding in again.Screenshot_20220103-154655_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220103-154700_Gallery.jpg

The New Year started for me by being stand in groom again which limited my time a bit. I managed a nice hack on my own with Harvey

On Sunday we built a grid in the school with a very small bounce and a 1 stride double so Harvey and I played with that

First on Monday I hacked our young schooling mare again - a short route with the yard veteran as company. We have a new livery so as soon as be got back I tacked up Harvey and A and I took her out to show her around

Schooling
20 minutes

Hacking
10 miles
3 hours

Totals
Schooling
20 minutes

Hacking
10 miles
3 hours

Falls 0 (just for @Jane&Ziggy :) :) )

I went out yesterday - very cold, but Hogan was still a bit lazy. I'm ashamed to say there was a lot of pony club legs! But - he was such a good boy once he got going that I couldn't stay cross with him. He does this weird thing, where he continually wants to wander into the trees, but I of course stop him. Yesterday I dropped the reins to see what would happen. He wandered off the track, into the trees, and happily meandered around, not going anywhere in particular. Eventually, I steered him back to the track and home we went. Strange boy.Screenshot_20220106-101341_Gallery.jpg

. He wandered off the track, into the trees, and happily meandered around, not going anywhere in particular.
It is thought from their teeth and digestion that horses' remote ancestors were forrest dwelling. Also supported by Ice age horse migration. They do still love fruit, think apples and pears.

newrider.com