Mud fever prevention

oh my god i'm so sorry!!!! i didn't realise that it was a fight

I agree that pig oil must come in really handy for getting your head out your own arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain why these peoples horses have hair falling out then??? you fountain of knowledge.:rolleyes:

Bog burn associated with mud fever makes hair fall out!

Last edited:
Explain why these peoples horses have hair falling out then???

Not wanted to get into a fight here, but just wondering

Were these feathered horses or fine haired horses
Did they have mud fever/mites already or was potion applied for prevention
Did these horses live in or out?

I would be very interested in knowing why their hair fell out ,,,

oh dear, good old NR someone comes in a gives their opinion and someone dont like it so the spell checks come out and the pc gang get on their high horses. ooops i hope iv not affended anyone or been vindictive.

My own experience of pig oil and flowers of sulphur.
Applied to 4 neds as a preventative measure, every 6 weeks, no problems.
All live out.

Pig Oil and Sulpher Guru!!!!!!!

Ah bless did you think of that yourself!
sorry can't hear you, wait! bit muffled...... oh hang on haven't you used that pig oil to get your head out your arse yet!!!

Mogadoga, did these horses already have mud fever? If so, could it have been the scabs coming off that took the hair with it?

I'm a total PO&S convert and I think Arnie is actually starting to grow some feather for the first time in his life!

Alex did when i used it..no problems.
2 horses had bad mud fever. One very very mild..more just starting, and other two had none. Everyone used it properly bar one person who like i said was putting it on washing it off. And one did patch test with no problems so slapped it on, week later hair started coming off in clumps. Others have not been as 'harsh'..one mares hair was thinning and now is baldy, others it was coming out in a moulting sort of way, but none the less all are baldy now where it was applied..except alex who is fine!

Another girl said the same thing happened to her cob yearrrrs ago, but shes used it succesfully on other horses in the past :)

Not wanted to get into a fight here, but just wondering

Were these feathered horses or fine haired horses
Did they have mud fever/mites already or was potion applied for prevention
Did these horses live in or out?

I would be very interested in knowing why their hair fell out ,,,

In my case it was a mix. No feathers but coarse hair, none and fine, and feathers. 2 live out, 3 in on a night :) And like i said above, both to treat and prevent :)

sorry can't hear you, wait! bit muffled...... oh hang on haven't you used that pig oil to get your head out your arse yet!!!

What a nasty person you are! Where on earth is all your vitriol coming from? Coyote has given me endless help and assistance and using PO&S to her recommendation (and bought from her cousin) and it has completely solved my mud fever problems.

Dont come on here mouthing off about a valued and respected member of this board. Away out and play with the Trolls:mad:

No its something people started calling me.:D
Yes i go on,i try to help people using the experience ive gained,i do get a bee in my bonnet,if i think i might be able to help.
You didnt read my posts thoroughly,with regards to the sulpher,then went on an un-necessary personal attack,telling people i had mis-informed, when i truely hadnt,i stupidly retaliated which fueled the on-slaught.You say i have my head up my arse,so be it,its your opinion,.
Ive had my say,given my advice,the OP unfortunately has had her thread desicrated,for which i have pm'd her.
I hope we run into each other again,its been entertaining.:D:D

Alex did when i used it..no problems.
2 horses had bad mud fever. One very very mild..more just starting, and other two had none. Everyone used it properly bar one person who like i said was putting it on washing it off. And one did patch test with no problems so slapped it on, week later hair started coming off in clumps. Others have not been as 'harsh'..one mares hair was thinning and now is baldy, others it was coming out in a moulting sort of way, but none the less all are baldy now where it was applied..except alex who is fine!

Another girl said the same thing happened to her cob yearrrrs ago, but shes used it succesfully on other horses in the past :)

I'd be inclined to think its all the scabby bits healing up and coming off that has taken the hair off. Any time I've fought (and lost) the mud fever battle in the past (before I found PO&S) I would end up with bald bits all over his legs where the scabs came off and took the hair with it.

I use it on recommendation from my blacksmith and help from Coyote. I only apply after he is shod every 6 weeks. I end up with greasy grotty looking legs for a week or so then lovely white legs after that. No mud fever at all and I could have white legs anytime if I bothered to wash them off (but I havent hosed his legs since I discovered this:D)

No its something people started calling me.:D
Yes i go on,i try to help people using the experience ive gained,i do get a bee in my bonnet,if i think i might be able to help.
You didnt read my posts thoroughly,with regards to the sulpher,then went on an un-necessary personal attack,telling people i had mis-informed, when i truely hadnt,i stupidly retaliated which fueled the on-slaught.You say i have my head up my arse,so be it,its your opinion,.
Ive had my say,given my advice,the OP unfortunately has had her thread desicrated,for which i have pm'd her.
I hope we run into each other again,its been entertaining.:D:D

ah, darling i hope you have insurance with the advice you're giving out you could be sued! have you got any qualifications??? let hope so. things go wrong and the solicitors start asking question!!!

Personally I find sudocreme and aromaheel much more effective, when trying POaS I did find it actually caused it to spread up the legs (from tail swishing in the oil and upwards), probably I did something wrong, but I didn't think it so great as a cure, but maybe better as a preventative. No hair fall out though.

Coyote has given me endless help and assistance and using PO&S to her recommendation (and bought from her cousin) and it has completely solved my mud fever problems.
:

you bought it from her cousin!!! ha ha so she's probably making money out of you!! sucker!!!!!

i can say what i like it's a free country by the way!

ah, darling i hope you have insurance with the advice you're giving out you could be sued! have you got any qualifications??? let hope so. things go wrong and the solicitors start asking question!!!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Friendly advice is not exactly the same as a medical opinion .. However if people didn't share their own experience we would never move forwards in our knowledge.

I am sure that some horses have bad reactions to PO&S same as horses have bad reaction to hibiscrub or might colic after a feed change to a feed recommended by someone else. At the end of the day we all make our own decisions. Many of us are very grateful to Coyote for the PO&S "tip". I had personally not heard of it before joining this forum & was clipping out my heavy feathered cob due to mites & mudfever (on vets' recommendations. ... When Coyote told me about PO&S I decide Why not Give it a TRY. for me it worked, so I'm happy. If it hadn't worked and her hair had fallen out, yes, I might grumble about that silly internet lady, but at the end of the day I would know it was my decision to try a random product advised by a random someone from a random forum!!

This is a very unpleasant attitude to spoil a useful thread with. We don't mind sensible debate and points of view but cheap remarks and point scoring don't work. If you continue with it then you'll find your membership suspended.

you bought it from her cousin!!! ha ha so she's probably making money out of you!! sucker!!!!!

i can say what i like it's a free country by the way!

What a total tosser you are - now and again its actually quite entertaining to have the losers like you on here - to laugh at!

You'll find you cant say what you like on here - you'll be banned before the night is over if you carry on like this:D

This is a very unpleasant attitude to spoil a useful thread with. We don't mind sensible debate and points of view but cheap remarks and point scoring don't work. If you continue with it then you'll find your membership suspended.

actually, a fair coment! if this person is dishing out advise without qualification then insurance is a must surely! if any harm is caused by their advise then they are liable. and as it is writen down in this thread as evidence there is no escaping it!!

newrider.com