2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Well Mr T rode the boy around the fields this morning and then I got on. Every time I get on board I realise just how much I love riding. I only get on now and again mainly due to not having confidence to take him out alone, so things are very much dependent on Mr T making the time. But hey, it's Saturday!! Zi really is a star, you'd never guess he'd not been ridden for two weeks. He is such a kind soul, we are lucky to have him. He is big and could really take the pee out of me if he wanted to but he's a true gent:)
So only twenty mins but wonderful all the same:)

Sonny unmounted 49.25 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.75 hrs

A little play with both HERE AT HOME;):):D..
Andi came home today!

Andi was wired at first calling to the pony.:(
I did a little bit of freelonging in her area I will build on it.

I played with Sonny in the cavaletti round pen.
He was silly britches but thanfully it did not set her off.

She is in raging heat sigh :(:mad:.
I hope she forgets the pony quickly.
That love affair only started very reciently :confused::confused::confused:

For as wired as she had been she did ok.It was short and sweet but better a good short session and work from there.

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG
I got a really good HALT ;);):):):D:D.
and today that's all that's needed~~~;)

This funny boy though
IMG_2826 (1).JPG

Finally he settled down

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2865 (1).JPG

A very disappointing weekend for me. I decided to take Harvey on his first solo fun ride The day didn't start well when a road was closed and we had to reroute. I had planned 2 different routes but the road closure blocked both of them. The instructions for the event basically said don't come along xxx road as its not suitable for horseboxes - well you can guess which way we ended up going :( Said road was single track and must have been 1 in 3 gradient in places along with having lots of 90 degree corners. This meant the journey took 1 hour 45.

After that is was looking good - a nice quite friendly event in a nice location. We set off but after only about 200m Harvey decided that he couldn't possible go on his own. After planting and refusing to move he then got in a complete strop when I asked him to move on and bucked me off (and he has never bucked before) - this before we had even got through the start. Having remounted I then tagged along with a couple of other riders. After a while they drew ahead which was ok for a while but then Harvey had a complete meltdown (goodness know why as I wasn't making him stay behind). For rest of the ride (about 7 miles) he was in a complete strop - he just seemed to want to get back as soon as possible. He didn't seem to want company as we passed 2 groups of riders. The slowest we managed was jog, with a bit of barely controlled trotting, and some out of control cantering.

We finished the 8 miles in 1 hour 15 :(

On Sunday I decided to have an easy day so we did 30 minutes of polework in the school.

So Harvey is now on a red card (not just because of this)

Hacking
8 miles
1 hour 15

Totals
Schooling
1 hour 25 minutes

Hacking
81.7 miles
26 hours 10

Reactions: Native Lover
@GaryB sorry to hear Harvey's halo has gone askew. Do you suspect spring grass or something else? (I guess we all try and look for a reason why)
I'm not sure really. He's not been the same since his break from riding and yard move. He has always has bad habits and insecurities but he now seems to have joined them all together. He's been in his new stables 4 months now though so I would I have expected him to be reasonably, if not fully settled. I've had to cancel next weekends fun ride :( and he'll be doing a bit more school work from now on. He's not been schooled since last year.

Reactions: Native Lover
I'm not sure really. He's not been the same since his break from riding and yard move. He has always has bad habits and insecurities but he now seems to have joined them all together. He's been in his new stables 4 months now though so I would I have expected him to be reasonably, if not fully settled. I've had to cancel next weekends fun ride :( and he'll be doing a bit more school work from now on. He's not been schooled since last year.

Hmm. It does sound puzzling. Is he on summer turnout yet? Jusr wondered because I know when turnout was a bit less for S & J it did reflect somewhat in their behaviour when ridden. Anyway, hope he comes back to being good again soon, with a bit of schooling.

Today we had a quick hack, lots of trot work and some canter Work. Found a nice patch of dry common land with good grass coverage so planning to do some schooling, not planning to do anything involving asking for an outline just wanting to work on fittening another way :)

So today we did

4.22kms in 41.41 mins :) reason it took so long was the ten mins we spent talking to my mum and my nephew at her house :)

So we are up to 64.72kms in 10hrs 11mins.

89C5DF54-01CC-4957-A040-D8EE6C7C5004.jpeg 96375C2C-1DF8-42FB-B60D-E505250D7B44.jpeg 1B617EF2-BC04-480F-8879-6D49EBEC500A.jpeg

Hmm. It does sound puzzling. Is he on summer turnout yet? Jusr wondered because I know when turnout was a bit less for S & J it did reflect somewhat in their behaviour when ridden. Anyway, hope he comes back to being good again soon, with a bit of schooling.

Yes - He's out all day. He has changed from hay to haylage, and the grass is growing well, so hopefully he will settle. I am scheduling a check of his back just in case.

newrider.com