2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Sonny unmounted 42.00 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 1.50 hrs

Played with Andi twice and Sonny once yesterday.

Andi was a good girl she freelonged awesome
and I put her thru her paces sidepass backup on command
etc.
She is shedding like crazy 2 swipes of the shedding blade gets this
IMG_8917.JPG

IMG_8916.JPG
She goes from nothing to full tilt all at once:eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMG_8923.JPG
After playing with her I brought Sonny over here.

I had not played yet and all of a sudden my husband runs out the back door barefoot WHAT THE HELL IS ON FIRE:eek::eek::eek:

I look out and omg big plumes of smoke engulfing the back coming from Virginias side of road.

The wind brought it around the side and back of this house and was blocked by hill so I did not see it from living room window.

When my husband went around side of our house he could see it was coming from Back area of Virginia's and then I told him she must be trying to burn the brush. I was not near her house

She was picking branches when I walked over but omg the smoke was choking thick.
So the stuff was obviously too wet to burn:(.

I waited til much later to play with Sonny I did not want to have I'm sucking In smoke.
At one point I was read to play and he was clearly saying
I'M COMFORTABLE COME BACK LATER
IMG_8938.JPG

When I did play late he was funny boy a bit then did some very nice canter.

Funny boy
IMG_8962.JPG

Then he got it out of his system and settled
IMG_8953.JPG

Later when I took him back I played with Andi again.
I was going to go to Virginias ring but it was too close to her feeding time and I was worried that if she got really wound up
and sweaty I would have trouble cooling her.
So I freelonged in her area again and she was Awesome and I I even had her bow for me I taught that years ago.

IMG_8992.JPG

Hopefully she will shed out quickly funny girl.

Even if I don't ride her she can be my little circus pony.:)

Sonny unmounted 42.00 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.50 hrs

OMG tough play session with Andi.

As I was heading to Virginias ring she came out to ride Tobias.
Andi was already a bit on high alert passing Tobias and Levi
She loves the boys and the BIGGER the better.
If they are the same size as her or smaller they wont get a
second look.

I got to the ring ok but when Virginia came over with Tobias
Andi went beyond silly and bratty.
I can handle this
IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9070.JPG

IMG_9067.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

This was a bit more worrying when she stopped head up screaming towards Tobias

IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9093.JPG

IMG_9049.JPG

She ended up quite sweaty and totally wired.
Even rolling did not help that much.

IMG_9098.JPG

Walking her back to the paddock was not that easy and I had to have TOTAL FOCUS.
OMG that paddock seemed soooooooooo far away.

I had to make sure she did not start to be really bratty and I did not want her to start to turn around. I did manage to keep her focused on me -- no easy task with BOYS around and did
have her stop and take a couple steps back before she bested me.
I was very happy to get back to the paddock cause she was sigh squirting all the way back.

Then it did take forever to cool her out and she immediately went to Sonny at the gate to do the nasties at him.
Sonny don't encourage her

IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

Once back in her paddock we played at liberty and she did focus on me well.
It did take a long time to really get her cooled.

My lovely new saddle has arrived so managed to take pony out for a short hack today. She was quite nappy - not in a worried or nervous sense, she just didn't feel like going so kept planting her feet and the effort required to get her going again was ridiculous - I actually think I've tweaked my back!

I'm hoping it was just an off day or she was chancing it to see what I'd do as previous owners have raved about her as a happy hacker (it's in the arena she's more challenging). It took longer than it should have but I got her where I wanted to go and turned back when she was going nicely forward. The second we turned for her she had a spring in her step so she got made to hack past the yard again and trot away from it.

Despite all this, she's such a sweet girl. You can feel that she's not going to do anything unexpected - there is no reversing or spinning that I've experienced with a previous nappy horse I rode but I'm keen to ensure this doesn't become a habit! Going to to attempt it again tomorrow to see how she is - taking the big schooling whip with me this time to see if that helps!

Lovely solo hack out today. I don't really have much to say about it to be honest, my rides are generally pretty uneventful, which is just how I like them but doesn't make for a great read I suppose! There were lots of people out for family walks so lots of dogs too, we took it pretty easy, a few trots but nothing crazy. The ground still isn't great for trotting and cantering, and more rain to come!

Today's total was 5.03km in 1hr5mins.

Totals 50.82km in 11hrs40mins plus 135 minutes schooling

Sonny unmounted 42.75 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.50 hrs

Its been too windy to ride last couple days. Virginia and I were going to try to ride today but the gusts are too nasty.
When my trash bins are blowing all about I really don't feel like riding.

Tomorrrow we are due about ugh 3 inches SNOW sigh
but its supposed to be a fast storm and Sunny by afternoon,
Then some thank god rain off and on for a few days.
I hope it is all rain after tomorrow.

Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers
A 4 day weekend for us in the UK (because of public holidays). I was going to hack in the afternoon on Friday, but after seeing the weather forecast I hastily changed to the morning. I took Harvey on his own around the 5 mile "block" and he was much improved. Amusingly about half way round I met a lady (on horseback) who commented on how much more settled he was. I have no idea who she was - she must have seen me prancing around previously!

On Saturday I was determined to use the horsebox, as apart from moving yards it hasn't had a horse in it since November. As most of the region appears to be underwater the Wyre Forest was chosen - this has a number of decent surfaced riding routes, and I have a yearly parking and riding pass. E came along with me (in her box) and as her daughter was away she invited C from out old yard). We had a fun 2 /12 hours and pretty much had the forest to ourselves.

On Sunday we decided to visit the local castle which is about a 4 hour round trip. This time it was me, E and our instructor M riding E's daughter's pony. It was a nice ride but we decided to give up when we were nearly there because the bridleway was very wet and we didn't want to damage it. Shortly after turning back I had to dismount to open a gate. Harvey just would not stand by the fence for me top remount so in the end I decided to climb on from the ground (which I can only just do). When I was half on something spooked him and he decided to run off leaving me on the stony muddy ground in a large puddle and with my head between one of the ponies back legs. E managed to retrieve Harvey for me and the second attempt was more successful. I now have a sore wrist and arms, a black eye, grazed face and knee, broken glasses and a hole in my jods :(

Sunday was wet and I was sore so it was a day off for both of us!

Setting off in the Wyre Forest (already in the public domain so no need to hide faces)
i-9SHtkdz-L.jpg

Hacking
21 miles
8 hours

Totals
Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
44.7 miles
14 hours 40

A 4 day weekend for us in the UK (because of public holidays). I was going to hack in the afternoon on Friday, but after seeing the weather forecast I hastily changed to the morning. I took Harvey on his own around the 5 mile "block" and he was much improved. Amusingly about half way round I met a lady (on horseback) who commented on how much more settled he was. I have no idea who she was - she must have seen me prancing around previously!

On Saturday I was determined to use the horsebox, as apart from moving yards it hasn't had a horse in it since November. As most of the region appears to be underwater the Wyre Forest was chosen - this has a number of decent surfaced riding routes, and I have a yearly parking and riding pass. E came along with me (in her box) and as her daughter was away she invited C from out old yard). We had a fun 2 /12 hours and pretty much had the forest to ourselves.

On Sunday we decided to visit the local castle which is about a 4 hour round trip. This time it was me, E and our instructor M riding E's daughter's pony. It was a nice ride but we decided to give up when we were nearly there because the bridleway was very wet and we didn't want to damage it. Shortly after turning back I had to dismount to open a gate. Harvey just would not stand by the fence for me top remount so in the end I decided to climb on from the ground (which I can only just do). When I was half on something spooked him and he decided to run off leaving me on the stony muddy ground in a large puddle and with my head between one of the ponies back legs. E managed to retrieve Harvey for me and the second attempt was more successful. I now have a sore wrist and arms, a black eye, grazed face and knee, broken glasses and a hole in my jods :(

Sunday was wet and I was sore so it was a day off for both of us!

Setting off in the Wyre Forest (already in the public domain so no need to hide faces)
i-9SHtkdz-L.jpg

Hacking
21 miles
8 hours

Totals
Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
44.7 miles
14 hours 40

Oh dear! I hope you are feeling a little less sore today?

Reactions: GaryB
Oh dear! I hope you are feeling a little less sore today?
Improving slowly thanks - I always find the second day is the worst. I was lucky in a lot of ways - I didn't damage my hat, and Harvey was fine. On the other hand if it had of been grass I think I would have had no injuries at all..

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Improving slowly thanks - I always find the second day is the worst. I was lucky in a lot of ways - I didn't damage my hat, and Harvey was fine. On the other hand if it had of been grass I think I would have had no injuries at all..

Oh heck! Glad you are okay!!!

Reactions: GaryB
Sonny unmounted 43.50 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.50 hrs

OHHH glad your ok.
Yes you were lucky.
Bummer you could not get to the castle.
I'm fascinated by castles.

The closest we get here was the original house
at Bordreland Park did look a lot like a castle.

Some play sunday we did not ride with the wind being
really nasty gusty.

WE have had nasty weather since Monday 5 inches snow but it did get sunny late in the day and most melted.
Yesterday we had rain start in the afternoon. I brought Sonny over but did not end up playing and got him back over just as it was starting to pour. Every time I was gonna go out to play he was sleeping again all comfy.
Today Is pea soup fog and Will be heavy rain and winds shortly but at least its NOT WHITE.

The stall is almost set it was going to be partial conduit pipe along the top but now to make it much brighter and open feeling it will be all pipe. I will like that better
Its not small its 11.5 x 14 ft but I hate feeling closed in>
He finished the door to the hay area in back last nite
Then conduit needs to be installed for top bars

IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

It will actually go a lot quicker for andi since they share the wall in the middle and she will just need her back wall and door to hay area.
And the outside door to her round pen paddock that will ALSO
go up easier AND ********* ONE TIME ********
no shifting twice cause we are going to make the laneway
then put the round pen up with it configured to fit the laneway.
(but 20 20 hindsight):rolleyes:

Its taking a bit longer cause things have changed a bit mid stream but its really close for Sonny to come and Andi wont be far behind!!:)

Wind was horrible yesterday.

I had Sonny here and looked and he was flying around full tilt.
Odd though he was whinnying- not like him.
When I took him back shortly after its not like Andi had been screaming or anything.

HMMMM maybe it was NO NO NO I DONT WANT TO GO BACK!!!
IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG
Woo hoo its getting close now for his area to be done.
Side bars are in center wall.
All that's needed for him to come is for the people door on side to be covered the window wired back bars in
then securing the laneway panels to outside of barn.

A good bit of hay is in too

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Its finally coming together!!!
Then Andi wont be far behind

Mr T did his first field ride of the year! Yaye. The gingerboy was a bit on his toes but he settled. I walked with them, I think it was not entirely Zi being bouncy, I think the ground did have a bit to do with it, in places it is quite humpy bumble. Anyway, nothing ott as usual! Just twenty minutes pottering. And it was nice not to have to faff putting hoof boots on.:)

Sonny unmounted 45.50 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.50 hrs

Lot of play today lovely trot canter trot transitions.

IMG_0943.JPG

Stall should not be more than another day (hopefully)
it could possibly be later tonite but I want to have him come
early in the day to go in and out and nose around
during the daylight (woo possibly tomorrow am)

Then Andi Wont be far behind.

Just a quick schooling session yesterday, he was a nightmare to handle on the ground but much better once I was in board, hoof perfect I would say! He doesn't like schooling much but he put a real effort in and I was super happy with him, it was a fab session. Ended with a small walk around the track at the yard for 10 minutes.

Today's total was 45 minutes schooling.

Totals 50.82km in 11hrs40mins plus 180 minutes schooling

Kia and I had a lovely hack in the sunshine :)

We did 6.03km in 43mins :)

Total is now 50.53kms in 7hrs 44mins :)

We have another ride planned for 20th May over where I bought Kia from :) I though it quite symbolic taking him back to where it all began :)

He was manky, I’d have been there all night cleaning him so I just threw the tack on and off we went. Field is a quagmire so no point in grooming for him to re-coat himself tomorrow ;)

B374A3A7-C8E1-42FA-AF82-FAD5F5154953.jpeg 40EF282F-BCDF-46E4-A4E2-A2B3ABC3214A.jpeg F7C8089F-CD48-4A12-A5E4-1F13D0B0E1D1.jpeg ABFDFF80-F1B1-491B-8ACB-BD4269B66955.jpeg 6204479F-0BFC-4183-BB6E-AA249E9BE8CD.jpeg

Sonny unmounted 46.00 hrs
mounted 6.00 hrs

Andi unmounted 3.50 hrs

A little bit of play today but the big news is Sonny IS HOME:):););):D:D.
Still a bit of sorting to do I put a hay bag with hay string first to get a feel for it. Then added a screw eye.
I don't think he knows quite what to make of things.

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

Andi wont be far behind!!:)

It's sooooooooooooo good to finally have him home.

newrider.com