your welsh cobs

My sec d is called gwair red comet. his sire is brynmeleys enchanter and his dam cariad lady. his grandsire is ebbw victor, and like you, i didnt realise until after i purchased him that he has pretty good breeding! Nebo and derwen seem to be the names you come accross most often though.

Go onto the Durris Stud website, they have lots of welshies (they breed them:))

www.durris.com

Thats who own Dai, hes a Welsh Cob Sec D and my baby:)
PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

Only realised what good breeding he has until a week or so ago when i was on the allbreeds database. nebo black magic is he grandsire or greatgrandsire...or both....:S
Brambridge Dai Bach :):):)

xx

Last edited:
my sec C is kilcobben Rainbow by brynmair robin (sire) and kilcobben sian (dam)
he covered a lot of mares when he was young- hes now gelded so if anyone has foals by him or his dad i would like to know :D
chev- that link you posted his sire (brynmair robin) is on there if you want to have a look
this is his complete pedigree
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/kilcobben+rainbow

i showed him at the yorkshire show 2007 and we came 2nd in the ridden- it was our first show together.
pictures on here
http://www.pleasureprints.co.uk/events/2007/day55/crid/pages/M55_3305.php

hope you like him
x

thanks chev- im planning on showing him this year more (yorkshire show, royal welsh and others if we qualifiy- fingers crossed :D)
i have 2 welsh cob mares aswell but we havent done much showing with them yet- should be out this year though

My mare Lily is a registered Section D, she is the first photo below, her dam was The Lady Arran who I cannot trace at all. Her sire was Torymynydd Sonic Boom and I have managed to trace his full breeding and found photos of his other offspring. I have been in contact with someone who knew the owner of her sire and he is hoping to get some photos for me! Sadly her sire died a little while ago

lily51.jpg

lily3.jpg

This is Dollar, he was supposed to be registered but his papers never arrived. I had him for 4 years before he sadly had to be put down due to Colic nearly 2 years ago, he was the love of my life!
n785331327_290598_3143.jpg

Dolslook.jpg

DolsSpook.jpg

DolsField.jpg

Last edited:
Thought id add my mare to this list now i know how to upload photos properly.
This is TORYMYNYDD ARABESQUE ( OR AMY)
Her sire is Derwin supreme
Her dam is Penllwyn Catherine
Her great grandfather is NEBO BLACK MAGIC and NEBO MAGIC.
Here she is...
Picture230.jpg

horses028.jpg

amyamy1stshow064.jpg

Thought id add my mare to this list now i know how to upload photos properly.
This is TORYMYNYDD ARABESQUE ( OR AMY)
Her sire is Derwin supreme
Her dam is Penllwyn Catherine
Her great grandfather is NEBO BLACK MAGIC and NEBO MAGIC.
[/QUOTE=a+e;1556858]

My mares a Torymynydd too! Torymynydd Madrigal , her grandad is Derwin Supreme! Bless theyre related xxx

my Welsh D is called Marlais Gwanwyn. He is by Maesmynach Flyer who is by Llanarth Black Magic who is by Derwen Black Magic who is by Nebo Black Magic. His mum was Marlais Myfanwy who was by Llanarth Braint.

This is him:

96335346DIKpWA_ph.jpg
my 2nd royal welsh winner mare had nebo black magic in her! and my sis's 16hh gelding welsh D is out of flyer(maesmynach)
we breed and compete/break in and school welsh cobs and tb!:)

thanks chev- im planning on showing him this year more (yorkshire show, royal welsh and others if we qualifiy- fingers crossed :D)
i have 2 welsh cob mares aswell but we havent done much showing with them yet- should be out this year though
oh i went to the royal welsh last year on my 10 year old mare and had 2nd out of 29 in the seniour mare under saddle! i've got a section C stallion and a section C mare going under saddle this year and two working hunters!!good luck if you choose to enter!!

My sec d is called gwair red comet. his sire is brynmeleys enchanter and his dam cariad lady. his grandsire is ebbw victor, and like you, i didnt realise until after i purchased him that he has pretty good breeding! Nebo and derwen seem to be the names you come accross most often though.
heyyy! lol.....we bred ebbw victor!! we sold him as a 2year old unregistered!

newrider.com