Your weather

Im not missing the snow. I like snow but after that week in December im not ready for anymore just yet.
I knew it was going to be cold out this morning and i really had no enthusiasm to get up this morning to go out to do the animals. Once i was out in it i was fine. I put plenty of layers on and actually got back in sweating.

Reactions: Huggy
Im not missing the snow. I like snow but after that week in December im not ready for anymore just yet.
I knew it was going to be cold out this morning and i really had no enthusiasm to get up this morning to go out to do the animals. Once i was out in it i was fine. I put plenty of layers on and actually got back in sweating.
I layer up too. I get hot because of my condition (menopause) so I have to be able to take a few layers off!

Managed to get her out for a walk, though won't use that road again as the sun was too low at this time of year.
I also noticed that some fields with horses in are brown, flooded and my field is nowhere near as depressing! So glad we are where are and not there.
The grass is wetter on the otherside of the fence, not necessarily greener.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Sleet sleet and more sleet here. And some powder snow. And ice. Not a lot to be done with either of ours. Storm is disgusted in the lack of walking in the paddocks (not happening today) and Zi is just fed up in general as he hates cold weather. I love her but I'm not standing in a force 8 getting walloped by hail and sleet! She can make a do with the yard and nets hung up today.

Reactions: Jessey
I'm frustrated as it's beautiful here, frosty and sunny - and treacherous! No chance of going out for a few days yet. So pretty though! Screenshot_20230118_101314_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
IMG_20230119_100539.jpg
Zi had been out on and off all night last night. He's having a few hours in whilst I wait for a feed delivery. Storm was just hanging out on the yard near him. The yard is hardcore but the mud is dreadful. Thanks to the ice and snow that melted, it's really yucky right now.

• Sad
Today's its been a lovely calm blue sky day.
I was able to give her a good groom and get the knots out of her tail etc. Spend some quality time without getting blown to pieces with the wind.
Repositioned the mat where she ties up, based on where she stood. Okay fair enough. 😂

Anyway I filmed a lovely Robin singing, and it was slightly ruined by someone farting. But as I said I was doing the tail.

Sunny, clear and cold here today, and now it's dark the stars are amazing, burning like torches.

I do hope the frost and ice has gone by Saturday or I'll have another weekend with no riding :mad:

Sunny, clear and cold here today, and now it's dark the stars are amazing, burning like torches.

I do hope the frost and ice has gone by Saturday or I'll have another weekend with no riding :mad:
I feel your pain - I doubt I'll get to ride before next Tuesday - the temp is 0° or below until then.

We’re meant to get 6c on Saturday, though still -4c at night so not sure if anything will thaw enough to ride, will just have to keep everything crossed 🤞

It's been a lovely day here, but no sign of a thaw, so no riding yet. The track to the forest is like the one in the yard, and very slippy.Screenshot_20230120_102944_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230120_103013_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
A bit milder today. Funny though, the fields are starting to thaw but all the water that was there before is still there, none of it has drained away! I'm hoping for a few dry days above freezing to clear things up a bit.

none of it has drained away!
That happens here. YO told us some years back that it is due to the water table being so near to the surface. I've had a bad cough anyway for 2 weeks so havent been out walking, nor riding. Nor up to London.

• Sad
Another beautiful sunny morning, but so so icy. I don't think we'll be able to go out today, not unless it really warms up this afternoon.

When I had Ziggy I sometimes had a sneaking sense of relief if the weather meant I couldn't ride. With Sid I'm just wholly disappointed.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com