You couldn't make it up

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Was sitting with Harrison poodle who is resting after his week from hell. Looked out and saw a man running in our field. Went out, our new neighbour running around the field - where Buddy and Suze are. He had his parrots outside - god knows why anyone would be daft enough to do that - and one had flew off and into our trees. It might have been nice to have knocked on the door and mentioned it, so I could have moved the horses as he and his little boy were running around and shouting and Suze if panicked would cause havoc.

I walked all around the fields, stables, checked all our trees no parrot. Then they found it in one of our trees. I left them to it as nothing i can do to get a parrot out of a tree. Next thing I saw about 2 hours later they had a guy up the tree and cuttng branches out - our tree - till they got hold of the parrot. Not so much as a by your leave and haven't seen what they have done to the tree.

What a bloody cheek. All it took was to come to us and say we have an issue, and then to come again and say do you mind if someone goes up the tree and tries to get it down and we might have to lop branches, instead of that they just bloody went and did it all.

I am furious. I will not have an 8 year old boy running around in the field with my horses, particularly as Buddy would flatten them if they got in his way, and Suze well if they cornered her and scared her she would panic and who knows what would happen. No one has come to say thanks we got the parrot or said anything.

If that happened where I live, Iā€™m sorry but I would be out there with a gun pointed at the guy and inform him the Parrot will be in the stew pot, if I find him first, since you did not have the respect & decency to ask permission to do anything.

Yes maā€™am ā€” around here one asks permission and itā€™s always given for things like this. The last time someone ā€œwho didnā€™t belongā€ parked their truck on the road below to go deer hunting, that person found his truck on the ground ā€”- as in tires & wheels removed and nowhere to be found . That was before we moved here, so Iā€™m innocentšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

PS. I should add I really would not shoot a parrot but the owner trespassing on my property, in the fashion you describe, wouldnā€™t need to know that:)

Last edited:
After the week i have had with Harrison poodle limited sleep lots of worry driving a lot to vets hospitals etc i was just about to enjoy a quiet evening. I wouldnt dream of going onto someone else's land without asking if it was ok

Last edited:
I would have to disagree about going onto someones land without asking. I think that it should be considered on the situation.
If my horse or cows had escaped and was in my neighbours garden munching there veg patch and trampling it. I would be in there retrieving my horse, not going and asking for permission first.
Cutting trees and branches however would be a no. Thats a definite ask first.

The one time my sheep got in my neighbours garden and i didnt know, i had an irate phone call from this neighbour threatening me. Telling me he had just laid expensive grass seed down worth thousands of pounds and the sheep were leaving divets in his ground. He was a nasty neighbour, thankfully moved out. Hes the sort that probably would have got the gun out. He never thanked me for the free fertilizer.

I would have to disagree about going onto someones land without asking. I think that it should be considered on the situation.
If my horse or cows had escaped and was in my neighbours garden munching there veg patch and trampling it. I would be in there retrieving my horse, not going and asking for permission first.
Cutting trees and branches however would be a no. Thats a definite ask first.

The one time my sheep got in my neighbours garden and i didnt know, i had an irate phone call from this neighbour threatening me. Telling me he had just laid expensive grass seed down worth thousands of pounds and the sheep were leaving divets in his ground. He was a nasty neighbour, thankfully moved out. Hes the sort that probably would have got the gun out. He never thanked me for the free fertilizer.
we are right next door, would have taken him longer to climb the fence than to come through the gateway and knock on the door. Of course you would go in if your animals were causing havoc in someone's land though the owner of the 30 sheep that came in and ate our fields took 3 days to bother to retrieve them. He had no right to be in with our horses, Suze could have killed him if he got her cornered and she panicked. And Buddy has form in knocking someone over, i.e. me!

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I can see both sides (a bit) because they must have been very worried about the parrot and probably didnā€™t have time to ask. If coloured birds like parrots and budgies escape they can get attacked by other birds pretty fast and end up killed. if it were me Iā€™d come round and see you after the event though and offer up explanation and such. Cutting the branches I agree was off though wasnā€™t it. Iā€™m guessing in the heat of the moment they just were focusing on the bird?

I can see both sides (a bit) because they must have been very worried about the parrot and probably didnā€™t have time to ask. If coloured birds like parrots and budgies escape they can get attacked by other birds pretty fast and end up killed. if it were me Iā€™d come round and see you after the event though and offer up explanation and such. Cutting the branches I agree was off though wasnā€™t it. Iā€™m guessing in the heat of the moment they just were focusing on the bird?
No he was busy swearing at his son who he blamed as of course the child was responsible for carrying a parrot cage out into the garden rather than the twat of a father. I am aware that a bird like that was vulnerable so wtf did they have it outside? It was minutes after it fly off that they were in the field, we saw them and helped search for it till it was located up a tree. Offered them our ladder then went indoors. So far not even a thanks for helping.

No he was busy swearing at his son who he blamed as of course the child was responsible for carrying a parrot cage out into the garden rather than the twat of a father. I am aware that a bird like that was vulnerable so wtf did they have it outside? It was minutes after it fly off that they were in the field, we saw them and helped search for it till it was located up a tree. Offered them our ladder then went indoors. So far not even a thanks for helping.
Thatā€™s sad really, blaming the kid. Oh dear. They should have thanked you. Iā€™d have done for sure! I hope they havenā€™t maimed your tree too badlyšŸ™

I have dropped a note through their door asking her to give me a call or pop in - two days now nothing. So if she doesn't get in touch then fine, if she gets caught up in the issues with the parking, as they have transported her ponies in the horsebox, then tough cheddar. I very much hope she gets in touch as it would be better if she tells her partner not to come into the field than if i do. Also i can broach the subject of the toddlers running around the communal drivway unattended and the fact that when we drive out we can see zero due to the horsebox and muck trailer being parked either side of the gateway. If there is an accident our insurers will counter claim against the owners of the muck trailer and the box and it's their kids who are likely to be injured. the pictures show our view as we try to drive out, we can't see to the left or the right so can't see any vehicles or people coming from the two hourses on the left or anyone coming up fronm the roadway, or kids playing in the area where the horsebox is. they are playing with bikes, having races, most are under the age of 5, the oldest is 10 and usually there is no adult with them. 20220713_091338.jpg20220713_091346.jpg20220713_091403.jpg20220808_104155.jpg20220808_104201.jpg

Attachments

• 20220713_091334.jpg
    20220713_091334.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Angry
I'd be furious too cutting the tree and being In your field.

Many Many Years ago at the old house a family pulled up to the gate by the road
Climbed it hoisted kids over and they were running rampid in there.
There were posted signs.

Max was open to that area 24..7 he was on the other side of the hill.

My husband Phil..he passed at 49.
Went out as the man was heading over the gate....What are YOU DOING

The bloody BOSTON TWITT....says ohhhh we came out to the COUNTY FROM BOSTON.

WTF GO TO A PARK.. NOT SOMEONE'S PRIVATE PROPERTY .

He told him fences are for keeping something in or something out..

THERE'S A BIG NASTY BULL IN THERE.

Then this city moron starts screaming at the wife and Kids COME BACK...COME BACK .
HURRY HURRY.. There's a bull in there.

There was no bull.. but it got this Idiot to act fast.

I'd read your idiot neighbors the the RIOT ACT
about ever going in your field ever again
And damaging your tree.

Society on the whole is going the wrong direction.

Reactions: Trewsers
I'd be furious too cutting the tree and being In your field.

Many Many Years ago at the old house a family pulled up to the gate by the road
Climbed it hoisted kids over and they were running rampid in there.
There were posted signs.

Max was open to that area 24..7 he was on the other side of the hill.

My husband Phil..he passed at 49.
Went out as the man was heading over the gate....What are YOU DOING

The bloody BOSTON TWITT....says ohhhh we came out to the COUNTY FROM BOSTON.

WTF GO TO A PARK.. NOT SOMEONE'S PRIVATE PROPERTY .

He told him fences are for keeping something in or something out..

THERE'S A BIG NASTY BULL IN THERE.

Then this city moron starts screaming at the wife and Kids COME BACK...COME BACK .
HURRY HURRY.. There's a bull in there.

There was no bull.. but it got this Idiot to act fast.

I'd read your idiot neighbors the the RIOT ACT
about ever going in your field ever again
And damaging your tree.

Society on the whole is going the wrong direction.
What a fabulous idea with the bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tree being cut back l I don't think they have a leg to stand on over, but if the lorry and the trailer aren't there's I don't see how it's anything to do with them how they're parked. And the driveway is a communal area so as long as her kids aren't causing damage I don't see what you can do about it, realistically with the poor visibility I would imagine you'd be pulling out very slowly and carefully anyway so is it really that big a deal? We sometimes have young kids playing in our close unsupervised, we just ask them to be careful and stay out the way because we're moving a car and then do so very aware of the fact that they're about.

Some lady was sat in my field on the horses track a few months ago, right near the cows, calf had slipped under the wire nd was actually running about on the track. She watched me walking round the field and heading towards her. She still sat on the ground on her phone conversation. I got to her and asked her to leave and even pointed out that there was a bull in the field, she caually got up still on her call. I even heard her gripe about having to leave to the person she was on the call to. If id have been told a bull was in the field id have moved sharpish.

Oh how i wish Billy had not been the other side of the field. Maybe his flailing legs in her face might have made her think twice.

• Wow
Some lady was sat in my field on the horses track a few months ago, right near the cows, calf had slipped under the wire nd was actually running about on the track. She watched me walking round the field and heading towards her. She still sat on the ground on her phone conversation. I got to her and asked her to leave and even pointed out that there was a bull in the field, she caually got up still on her call. I even heard her gripe about having to leave to the person she was on the call to. If id have been told a bull was in the field id have moved sharpish.

Oh how i wish Billy had not been the other side of the field. Maybe his flailing legs in her face might have made her think twice.
What a cheek her being peed at having to leave! Silly woman.

newrider.com