Tomorrow's a big day. All booked for 18th

What good news Ale, everything crossed they get you on the waiting list for tonsillectomy pronto. :D

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you all, just waiting to leave now, feeling quite nervous!

Really well thank-you! Just waiting for a call back from her secretary to arrange a date for the operation.

I currently have a ear infection, chest infection and all my neck glands are up indicating I have a virus in my throat/tonsils so no wonder I have not been feeling well. Anyway she strongly advised the operation and after talking it all through have decided to go ahead. Should be within the next few weeks :)

Brilliant news. You have waited long enough, and it's even better that you've got such a short wait till the OP, which is amazing. You must be so happy and relieved. Sorry about your ear, chest infections etc. You must be feeling rotten. Hope you get over them soon.

Glad you have a plan in place. I think the quality of care from your GP practice has been shockingly poor. You should not have had to fight so hard for appropriate treatment.

I've gone privately in the end to get sorted as have been feeling so awful lately.

I was hoping for a call back today to sort the operation date but their systems are down so hopefully they will ring tomorrow and I will find out more then. She did stress that the recovery is very painful and there is quite a high chance of bleeding so that's scary but I know it will all be okay and worth it in the end.

Will the NHS pay for the op?
I tool my daughter for z private consultation then took the consultant recommendations to the nhs which did everything for her that he suggested.

Reactions: Kite_Rider and MrA
I dont question your decision Ale. It is your health and your money. But in your place I would have changed my GP. First they delayed any referral and then they lost it and didnt chase it up for you.

It's just about time now for me. I've been unwell for almost a month now this time and every few weeks for the last 8 months and it's affecting everything... Work, ale, my relationship, my happiness.

Privately it will be a maximum of about 3 weeks, nhs could be months more.

Reactions: Gimp
I think I may look into changing GPs however, someone I know is with one close by and she says they are very efficient and helpful. I will look into it once everything is sorted.

Reactions: juliecwuk
Don't worry too much about the recovery. I had my tonsils out in my early 30s and though it was very sore for a couple of days (think porridge, soup and ice cream) I was completely better within a week. You are very fit and healthy and I am sure you will heal as quick as a young dog.

There is an nhs website where you can review/read reviews of Gps dentists etc - we have found out dentist and last two Gps through this - all of which have been excellent.

newrider.com