Tomorrow's a big day. All booked for 18th

Great news Ale, I think I would of done the same if I was in the position to be able. Are you going to pickle them in a jar haha!!

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
Thank you @Jane&Ziggy that's reassuring to hear, it's quite scary hearing about all the possible bleeding etc so nice to hear you bounced back !

agree with Jane&Ziggy you are young and outrageously fit ! Im sure you will bounce back quickly :)

Reactions: MrA
Will the NHS pay for the op?
I tool my daughter for z private consultation then took the consultant recommendations to the nhs which did everything for her that he suggested.
This is what my OH did for his shoulder OP, in fact it was the consultant who told us it was our right to go back to the GP with the referral letter and request his OP at the private hospital. Apparently you have a legal right to choose which hospital you go to and one of your choices must include a private facility.

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
You will be just fine @Ale :D they always tell you worse case scenario to cover themselves, I remember having a major OP in my 40's the consultant scared me witless! In reality everything went just fine as like you I was fit and healthy in every other way, I was supposed to be on oxygen for 48 hours, I wasn't I was actually back at home in 48 hours. Anyhow after all that waffle I am so so pleased you are finally going to get it sorted and I would most definitely change your GP once everything is done and you are back to full health. x

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you everyone, reassuring to hear your input. I know I'm being impatient but they have still not rung me back, and when I tried to call this morning went to voicemail. Just a tad frustrating now as want to get going!

Reactions: Gimp
All systems go, I'm booked in for the 18th so about a week and a half time.

Now to get everything organised and try not to get too nervous.

Reactions: Gattino and Ruskii
That is good news Ale, at least that will be one thing less to worry you and hopefully once you have made a speedy recovery things will improve dramatically for you. Don't worry, you being young fit and healthy, you'll breeze it :)

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
newrider.com