Sensation English Trail Saddle

It does make a difference,but I think it depends on your conformation as my mother is in larger clothes size to me and yet is quite comfy in the hybrid seat, I prefer the flatter seat and like the more forward flap as I can use my big knee rolls and still have knee room and can get my stirrups down a decent length.

LOL.... yes.. I have my new and improved middle age spreading conformation. :D

Well.... and because I use a Safety Vest, the longer saddle made more sense. I think if I did not wear the safety Vest.. I could use the stock seat size, instead of the longer seat.

Did you check out Sensations web site lately? Sounds like Dana is coming out with another saddle line. Can't wait to see what else she designs.

Glad this Sensation is more to your liking! They are very comfy saddles to be sure.:D

Just had a fantastic ride:D

Shay and I went out on our own, our first time in a few months and he was fabulous:D

We went up through the woods, had a little trot but its fairly steep and lots of maneuvers so we tend to walk, up to the gate and some delightful person had pushed it the wrong way so I had to get off and put it right then get back on, saddle didn't move even though its still quite new so major plus, we then had a little trot through the top of the woods and out on to the country lane where my mother was waiting in the car for me (its fairly busy this time of day so she makes sure I don't get hit by a car -or a tractor, which we narrowly missed!) trotted pretty much all the way home, he likes following the car, I wanted him to do his funny trot that he does when we are on endurance rides, so he did that pretty much the whole way home, apparently we were nearing 15 miles and hour, popped on the grass verge for a naughty canter then walked home.
I felt really secure in the saddle the whole way, and actually managed to keep an even rhythm to his funny trot, which I usually give up and sit to.
Stirrups are quite a bit shorter than I usually have them as I had to lift my leg slightly higher to get on by the gate, and has a small amount of pain in my ankle after 5 miles, so would probably get worse for a longer distance, I m now wondering if the straighter flap might be better, but with the english seat, as I prefer it.

Hmmmmmm:confused:

Reading these updates with much interest. I am really interested in the Sensations. I like the dressage trail model but unfortunately Jill does not stock this one for demo. I believe this as a straighter flap :D.

Yea I am finding it very interesting as well. I am having awful saddle fitting problems with my fjord, used to ride in a trekker talent but found the lack of knee rolls awful and it felt very wide so ended up selling it. I can not decide between going for a sensation hybrid or the trekker pro endurance so any feed back on both would be great!

Soltydog I trialed the Pro-Endurance Trekker with my fjord and she refused to move forward with it! Its very firm and quite square in the seat and the cantle is high.

fjordlady did you find it wide, I know fjords are wide anyway but they dont seem so bad if the saddle has a twist. when you say you found it hard do you meen the seat area for you.

No-Angel I would love to buy your sensation but its out of my price range at the mo, I was hoping for a second hand pro endurance around the £350 mark keep also scanning e-bay for a used sensation but no luck as yet. I am looking for something very comfy for my bum, with large knee rolls so it does not feel so wide any suggestions on any other makes of treeless anyone has tried that would fit the bill would be appreciated.

Soltydog

Make sure you make your 'searches' broad...
I got a second hand Sensation on Kijiji (free Internet adds..do you have that over there?) I was lucky that the Poster listed it as "Treeless Saddle" rather than a Sensation... as, it would have been snatched up in a matter of hours otherwise.

But I've never seen one for less than $650 American, anywhere ( 350ish in your currency.. I think).
Angie J

Last edited:
Tbh was not in it very long on Fresca. Then tried on cousins Section D who also disliked and both these mares are not the types to complain. The seat was not soft and supple like most treeless and cousin found she was hitting the raised pommel bar when riding. It offered a secure seat due to the high cantle and arch shaped pommel bar but it felt quite square. Equine Whispers do trials if you are interested.

Sensation english trail

Hi!
I'm new to this forum and had to join up as I have recently bought a Sensation English Trail and am experiencing problems with getting a decent pad. No Angel can I ask where you got that sheepskin pad as it looks like it gives oodles of clearance and that is what I need with my mare at the mo. the Skito I have at present is rubbing her badly and compresses down too much when really warm sitting on her withers.

Can anyone advise what pads give more shock absorption without compressing too much.

Sorry to go on a bit but I'm new to the treeless game and am getting desperate.

Thank you.

Hi, the sheepskin pad is a cottage craft pad.

Have you tried extra shims in your skito?

What back shape does your horse have?

I have to admit I don't like the Skitos much either on my Icelandic. Also do not like how it packs down as it warms up.
Prefer to use either a Tacky Tack pad or a Saddleright pad. I have a Pro lite too...but haven't tried that one yet.

Sensation english trail

Hi again.

She had some time off (3months) and what with saddling issues she has no top line and her withers have become prominent due to muscle wastage. I was hoping that treeless would solve all this but now I seem to be having pad problems.

The dealer sent me some replacement foam (it took 6 weeks)! which was supposed to help (apparently 1") but when it came I'm not convinced as it looked very cheap not as dense as the Skito foam and looked like it had been cut out by a child! I'm yet to try it out as it only came yesterday but I was just wondering if there are any better pads out there?

Thanks again.

newrider.com