Post a photo today...new 2021 edition

Thats a teasle@trewsers. I have some in the Billys paddock. They are used in flower arranging. When dry they can spray them with silver paint for extra colour.
Ah! I had no clue, I just thought it was a type of thistle! I have heard of teasles, I thought they were prickly (ish). Funny how we only get one or two of them. I might save this one, I like saving dried flowers, I have a few arrangements I made myself. I like dried dock - once it's gone hard and the burnt brown colour it's pretty.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
This is not a pretty live picture in
Louisiana right now with a big category 4
Hurricane 140 mph winds barreling in.
Landfall is only a few hours off.
I'm surprised they didn't have both sides of the highway... one way going out.

Being in that traffic jam must be
Terrifying.

20210829_054224.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
@horseandgoatmom , I thought I posted this on Saturday — guess not:(:(

Louisiana’s governor said they did not have enough time to close the four lanes and make everything one way out of the state. I imagine there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff we don’t know about that involves interstate trucking, signage, etc.

Ida is only 7 MPH short of becoming a CAT Five and it is going to hit land at that intensity. The entire state of Tennessee is on watch for flooding and severe thunderstorm outbreaks by Tuesday & Wednesday. Our farm sits high with great natural drainage but we have been known to be a lightening magnet and we have had to have the back 1/3 of our roof replaced from high winds.

Waverly in Humphries County was almost completely wiped out in an unexpected flood two weekends back. Twenty lives were lost including twin babies ripped from their father’s arms in rushing water, a toddler, and a teenager. They are still trying to clean up and of course the most rain is supposed to hit them this week. Their wounds are still very raw, now here comes the leftover Ruth of Ida——-

This is what I thought I had posted Saturday:

My horses have been building winter hair for quite a while, so that means they have been getting showered down every night, and leaving the water aimed at pulse points until I am satisfied they are cool enough. Joker is a heavy sweater. Rusty barely sweats so I have to remind DH to keep the water on his chest/neck/forearms to cool him down; those are his favorite places.

I am so happy the Prascend is doing its job controlling Joker’s Cushings. His winter coat is coming in uniformly and has the deep rich blood red color it’s supposed to be. I had just put him in his stall from his shower, he is heading to his feed pan corner to wait for supper.

@Doodle92 Joker is my foundered horse with the twice fractured sacrum. You can see how deep I try to keep his shavings so he doesn’t have to struggle to get up. There is about 16” of limestone crush in his stall with grid mats on top of the crush so his stall floor is flexible. I do keep his walls banked because he has cast himself a few times in the past— in the middle of the night and I had to get him unstuck by myself during the time DH was recovering from his heart attack—-

802CF910-C617-4680-B88A-13CEDD4D28D6.jpeg

I snapped four pics of Rusty - he put his ears forward AFTER each picture, so I kept the one with his tongue sticking out as that sums up his attitude yesterday🙄

71E015E9-1961-4A7B-85ED-4AD60CB969C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Lollykay yes I saw it had gotten even stronger.
I played this am then went for hay
So I havent seen the latest.

I guess there is lots of red tape to change road direction.
That flooding was awful. I heard on the news tge the babies ripped from the fathers arms. What an awful thing to live with.

Glad your high and dry but loosing part of the roof sometimes isn't fun either.

We are in good shape here too.
If it flooded an ARK would be needed.

It is so scary for people in the path of that storm.
Thats about as bad as it can get

Lol to rusty of course the ears go forward after...
But the tongue shot is way better than ears

Joker is a cutie too.

It was perfect that only 12 bales fit today.
It varies 12 to sometimes 15.

I stopped at a flea market I pass by.
Made 2 great finds for knick knack shelves at a great price

Thankfully i had just enough room to get the narrower one behind the hay
And the tiered on JUST FIT
in the front passenger side.

And this second cut hay is awesome too.

20210829_114356.jpg

Not sure if I posted these pics before, but was trawling through my photos and found these. 2years ago, this young man, or lady, was eating very well thank you - stealing the cat's food - not bothered by me at all.View attachment 108155View attachment 108156
Oh wow! Despite living rurally for 16 years I have never seen a fox in the flesh. I once got a fleeting glimpse of an urban fox when we lived on a housing estate but it was too dark really so see properly. Was the cat not bothered at all? (The cat reminds me of our Mackeral!)

Oh wow! Despite living rurally for 16 years I have never seen a fox in the flesh. I once got a fleeting glimpse of an urban fox when we lived on a housing estate but it was too dark really so see properly. Was the cat not bothered at all? (The cat reminds me of our Mackeral!)
The cat just sat and watched it steal his food. Didn't run though!

Weather is threatening and much more stuffy but had fun play.
I had to take it very slow at first
The turkeys were behind the house when i went out then I didn't see them.
I go to the big rd pen they are in with
Sonny.
He quietly went around and they wandered out.
Then we had a good play

20210830_093030.jpg
20210830_093433.jpg

20210830_093404.jpg20210830_093446.jpg20210830_093609.jpg

I pulled some older photos to print and play with LAYERING.

This was the very long narrow bridge at Borderland
I was on Sonny ..Jeff the trainer Andi and I were working with was on her.

Both were stars... Not that I had any thoughts they would not be.
Once you started you had to keep going .20210830_100007.jpg20210830_095956.jpg20210830_095945.jpg20210830_095933.jpg

I have never seen a fox in the flesh.
Oh, they are cute, though they re a nuisance when the vixens are calling for mates.

I saw a young vixen in the paddock this morning, just at the fence where the long grass has been grazed short. She was stalking mice, with her head deep in the long grass, and she didn't see me. I watched her stalk and do a wonderful fox pounce, right in the air. She missed because while she was airborne she saw me and fled the moment she landed!

ETA I never, never remember to take pictures, I am always too busy standing still and quiet.

newrider.com