Playing with the bit.

Sorry I won’t be replying. As I’m not looking for advice anymore. Believe all you want and what you do want. Trainer works at yard a couple of days per week due to other loaners/horse owners and such being there, and called out the physio to come. Nothing strange in that? I really don’t care anymore in what others say if I’m getting professional help and pony is happy. Sorry for being confusing, however being questioned all the time don’t blame me if the answers get lengthier as different people want different facts.

I got some lovely advice about seeing the physio, but other than that I regret posting here. Keep questioning me but What else do you need to hear from me?

Many thanks once again, wish everyone the best with their own horses and ponies. x

Now that is one spoiled brat of a reply. I for one will not be looking at anything else you post as quite frankly you are the type of horse person I cannot be bothered with.

All the experience at your fingertips and you won’t listen because it doesn’t fit in with what you want to do. I won’t wish you well as I don’t think that would do the horse any good but I sincerely hope he comes to no harm from your closed mindedness

Now that is one spoiled brat of a reply. I for one will not be looking at anything else you post as quite frankly you are the type of horse person I cannot be bothered with.

All the experience at your fingertips and you won’t listen because it doesn’t fit in with what you want to do. I won’t wish you well as I don’t think that would do the horse any good but I sincerely hope he comes to no harm from your closed mindedness

No unfortunately, I have listened, have taken the advice, of calling in a physio, did the most I can do. But still have people belittling me because of my inexperience or not believing in what I’m saying. So I rather listen to people that can actually help me out then people deciding for me and contradicting what the vets say. My response was not rude whatsoever.

No unfortunately, I have listened, have taken the advice, of calling in a physio, did the most I can do. But still have people belittling me because of my inexperience or not believing in what I’m saying. So I rather listen to people that can actually help me out then people deciding for me and contradicting what the vets say. My response was not rude whatsoever.

Yes it was. You basically stated that no matter how more experience or knowledge people have that you won’t be listening so yes that’s rude considering you came on here asking for opinions and help.

As I said no longer interested nor will anyone else in this forum be more than likely with the way you have responded to people with probably more years experience than you have lived going by your replies. So carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortrasna

Yes it was. You basically stated that no matter how more experience or knowledge people have that you won’t be listening so yes that’s rude considering you came on here asking for opinions and help.

As I said no longer interested nor will anyone else in this forum be more than likely with the way you have responded to people with probably more years experience than you have loved going by your replies. So carry on.

I’m sorry did you not read the thread? I got the advice and it fixed MANY issues and concerns. Said many thanks for advice and that was it. What was the need for more experienced horse owners to question things? There was NO ‘kind’ advice offered after I mentioned the physio and training. Just what I should do or not do, and if I’m bullshitting or not. That’s why I’ve decided I’ll only now ask people that know me and the horse to give me advice.

I think you need to go read your previous threads and your own posts. Here are holes in your stories. A 20yr old horse that’s been in a field for ten years. A physio that can come out at the drop of a hat and fix everything in one session? An instructor that can get on a horse and sort it out in one half hour sitting? No I’m afraid experienced horse people don’t button up the back. Yes I’m blunt as I work with teenagers and the attitude gets wearing so when I come online and meet the same bratty nonsense I have no patience.

Stop quoting my replies, I can remember what i read and write, I have no time for stories and hard done by imaginings. People on here post with the horses well being infront of the owners feelings, as it should be. Regardless of the type of horse it’s age is it’s age. Also there is a big difference from an elderly person walking and you competing and schooling an elderly horse. If you don’t like my replies block me as I won’t be reading anymore of yours.

The physio is his old physio, she’s a nice lady and was willing to drop by (for s fee of course), as she doesn’t live far, there was nothing to sort out, he had tense muscles and she manipulated the first and 2nd layer, and he relaxed after that, was more easy going. He’ll be having regular visits from her as he benefitted from it. I was riding the horse not the trainer, and was teaching ME how to work with him better and what I was doing wrong that caused reactions within him and helped me get a better idea as well as other people who commented on the forums helping me plan out a routine such as Inhand, or walking up hills. Reason why older people do not do what adults do is because they tend to suffer from bone diseases such a osteoporosis which does come with age. But when I say he does not have anything physically wrong with him (confirmed by the vet) and had many also experienced horse owners like you who’ve actually known and seen the horse say he will be happy going out again instead of living in a small paddock then I believe so too. There was nothing bratty about my response, was happy to learn and take in advice. But saying “don’t take your horse to college”is basically asking me to chuck a well examined, healthy horse back into a small paddock.

I will not block you as that’s being bratty and ignorant as I don’t think anything you’re saying is bad. All I wanted to say was I’ll go with what the experts say because it contradicts those who’ve been to uni and have had degrees and qualifications.

Furthermore, was not asking about wether he’s too old to do anything or go college with me. Owner and me know this horse better than anyone on here, and found horses get older ‘quicker’ and have a larger tendency to gain bone issues due to the fact there’s no conditioning of the bones, so they’ll grow weaker and fragile. With properly conditioning and monitoring he’ll do fine. Long term effect of exercise is bone strength and density, which is a fact.

Furthermore, was not asking about wether he’s too old to do anything or go college with me. Owner and me know this horse better than anyone on here, and found horses get older ‘quicker’ and have a larger tendency to gain bone issues due to the fact there’s no conditioning of the bones, so they’ll grow weaker and fragile. With properly conditioning and monitoring he’ll do fine. Long term effect of exercise is bone strength and density, which is a fact.

oh pleeeze! do re read what you have just written - it absolutely backs up and confirms exactly what we have been warning you about...in your own (truthful....hmmmm?) words you have said this pony (no not a horse) has been virtually out of work for 10 years for God's sake! So yes, the pony has almost cetianly now got a LOT of conditioning and skeletal/ muscular issues going on due to that very fact. by your own words he will ultimately be weaker and more fragile than a 20 year old that is still in constant work.

No I agree you were not asking was he too old to go to college with you etc. etc.....but I for one will tell you up front this poor pony - done nothing for 10 years is absolutely NOT a candidate for college life whether you or his owner thinks he is - and - I do NOT need to know the pony personally to arrive at that conclusion - your posts and other threads tell me all I need to know. And I do question the owners motives, I hugely suspect that the financial bottom line of caring for a pony that is doing nothing for her impacts hugely on her very flawed decision to encourage you to take the poor pony off to college with you? why don't you take the 17 hand horse you are also (apparently) loaning and as recently as two weeks ago had lessons on off to college with you - sounds a far more suitable candidate for the job you have in mind?

Reactions: orbvalley and MrC
oh pleeeze! do re read what you have just written - it absolutely backs up and confirms exactly what we have been warning you about...in your own (truthful....hmmmm?) words you have said this pony (no not a horse) has been virtually out of work for 10 years for God's sake! So yes, the pony has almost cetianly now got a LOT of conditioning and skeletal/ muscular issues going on due to that very fact. by your own words he will ultimately be weaker and more fragile than a 20 year old that is still in constant work.

No I agree you were not asking was he too old to go to college with you etc. etc.....but I for one will tell you up front this poor pony - done nothing for 10 years is absolutely NOT a candidate for college life whether you or his owner thinks he is - and - I do NOT need to know the pony personally to arrive at that conclusion - your posts and other threads tell me all I need to know. And I do question the owners motives, I hugely suspect that the financial bottom line of caring for a pony that is doing nothing for her impacts hugely on her very flawed decision to encourage you to take the poor pony off to college with you? why don't you take the 17 hand horse you are also (apparently) loaning and as recently as two weeks ago had lessons on off to college with you - sounds a far more suitable candidate for the job you have in mind?

However that would be the case if I just hopped on and asked it to gallop and jump. And was ultimately worried about that ages ago until I had the vet out, and as I keep ever so saying this horse is perfectly healthy and has no health conditions or bone deficiency! Also I don’t know what college you’ve been too, but I’m not signing him up for 15hours weekly work, I’ll be the only one riding him and therefore will control how much he can do. The 15hh mare I’m not taking with me and I’m stopped loaning her as she’s much happier living on a yard where she can graze and is happy just being the field, in which this pony is NOT. Also you’re a bit ignorant to the fact that by reading my threads and posts would have given you enough indication of the pony.

Just also shows how sometimes experienced owners act like they know everything and think they know more than a vet or physio who’ve actually gained a degree in a health of a horse. also the narrow minded view that ALL horses after 20 cannot be worked as well as a young horse shows what owners you are.

Yet again dearie you are missing the point completely - not one person on here has said horses in their 20s can't be worked - I really cant be bothered to try and reply to you anymore - you are deliberately obtuse, ignorant, rude and a liar - most of your posts AND threads completely contradict almost everything you say - one minute you are doing x the next minute you are doing y - one minute it is with this horse - the next minute it is another one. Sorry but I for one see right through you - I have all the time in the world for genuine novice riders/owners who have genuine questions and concerns and I will gladly answer their questions to the best of my limited ability all day long,. You my dear are not one of them. Good evening

Reactions: orbvalley and MrC
Yet again dearie you are missing the point completely - not one person on here has said horses in their 20s can't be worked - I really cant be bothered to try and reply to you anymore - you are deliberately obtuse, ignorant, rude and a liar - most of your posts AND threads completely contradict almost everything you say - one minute you are doing x the next minute you are doing y - one minute it is with this horse - the next minute it is another one. Sorry but I for one see right through you - I have all the time in the world for genuine novice riders/owners who have genuine questions and concerns and I will gladly answer their questions to the best of my limited ability all day long,. You my dear are not one of them. Good evening

Feel free to report my thread then. Either way if what you say is true then this would only affect me and not you.

I think what everyone is worried about is how it will affect the 20 year old horse.

Pony will be fine as it actually has a qualified vet that examines it and I have the help of owners that are happy enough to guide me through it.
I won’t be posting anything after this as I believe I’m trying my best to give this pony another chance with the help of a vet and I’m the future college teachers to guide me on providing him the best home and care.

Pony will be fine as it actually has a qualified vet that examines it and I have the help of owners that are happy enough to guide me through it.
I won’t be posting anything after this as I believe I’m trying my best to give this pony another chance with the help of a vet and I’m the future college teachers to guide me on providing him the best home and care.
Sometimes very sadly threads turn nasty like this on NR and I understand how this must be upsetting for you. But we are not all the same and I would hate you to stop posting because of comments from a few individuals. You are doing all the right things by following advice from real life professionals and you will be guided further in college. Good luck with college and your pony.

Reactions: HaloHoney
This thread has just got ridiculous.
I don't think you MEAN to be rude Juliia, I suspect it is just pride and embarrassment talking - the pride of a young girl who has got upset because she didn't hear what she wanted to hear, and because people have seen through her BS and called her out on it.
Have to say I am SO glad that your problems were magically solved within 48 hours of starting this thread, you did a great job of wrapping things up so quickly. Though since you are surrounded by so many immediately-accessible experts - not to mention the pony's owner is a HEALER, I mean how fantastic is that! - I'm not really sure why you needed to post here for advice in the first place.
Just an FYI, it is fairly easy to tell when someone is talking about something they actually know about, and when they are flicking through textbooks or googling things to work out how to make themselves sound clever when in fact it's blatantly obvious they don't have a clue what they're talking about! Seriously, you must think we were all born yesterday :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cortrasna and MrC
@Mary Poppins the thread was answered by experienced individuals offering advice to a young person. That young person then decided that we weren’t patting her on the back and thinking the sun shone from places so spat out the dummy.

I for one don’t like wasting my time typing and replying genuine advice on topics I know all about and have been through to be told that since I’m on an Internet forum I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Feeding children’s fantasies is not in my repertoire I’m afraid. I have no time for childish nonsense from teenagers

Reactions: Cortrasna
It's all too much. Gets physio the next day - it's hard to get a good one that quickly - who promptly treats the horse without a vet clearance which alone would make me wonder about the quality of this most likely fictional physio. The same day as the physio she also has a lesson from a trainer who in one session tweaks her magnificent riding so all the issues are solved. Wow do we all want that trainer! Either this was before the physio so the problems are solved despite tight muscles, or it was after the physio despite the fact that even if almost nothing is done they recommend a day off & then an easy day. Any funny smells? I wonder if any of these horses actually exist, never mind her "professionals".

newrider.com