My dad is amazing! Remember the tack cupboard?

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Well,my dad is just amazing :) some of you might remember me saying months ago we were going to try and build a tack cupboard in the shed outside. Well he really has exceeded himself! I now have the shed as my horsey storage area :) love going out and faffing in there :)
Thank you to the best dad ever!!!!!uploadfromtaptalk1411475389022.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411475424122.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411475445654.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411475456159.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411475467809.jpg

Looks fab, love the saddle racks. Did he drill into the stone to put the wood up or is it a self contained box? I really want saddle racks on the wall but can't put anything onto the stone as can't get through it.

Thanks trews,I'm still faffing but I have a touch of ocd and will keep faffing until it's just right [emoji6]
NoAngel, we decided to build a box into the back of the shed,the floor is unlevel,so he made a base which is about 1.5" high at one end and nearly 6" at the other so you can imagine how unlevel it was! He then positioned 2x2s where I wanted the saddle racks so they had support. The front,top and sides are 18mm mdf and the back is 6mm so it's very strong. The walls were not strong enough to load anything heavy onto anything you attached. Some parts were but doing it this way meant things could go exactly where I wanted them. He has offered to fit mdf along the wall behind the feed in so I could add more onto it,it's not too hard a job,just buy the big sheets and attach with nice big plugs and screws!Had no problems fixing mdf sheets to the stone at all. He then filled with expanding foam down the sides just to keep everything stable but he did say you provably don't need to do that he just likes using the stuff!

We've got a hammer drill and still can't get through the walls in the tack room, might have to show these pics to my dad when he comes over and say 'I want that!' lol.

Lol,I meant to say,the walls have a frame behind them so the mdf sits flat on the frame,just 2x2 nothing majorly heavy-duty :) what type of stone is it? I will ask dad what his drill is.

newrider.com