My dad is amazing! Remember the tack cupboard?

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Well,my dad is just amazing :) some of you might remember me saying months ago we were going to try and build a tack cupboard in the shed outside. Well he really has exceeded himself! I now have the shed as my horsey storage area :) love going out and faffing in there :)
Thank you to the best dad ever!!!!! uploadfromtaptalk1411475389022.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411475424122.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411475445654.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411475456159.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411475467809.jpg

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Looks fab, love the saddle racks. Did he drill into the stone to put the wood up or is it a self contained box? I really want saddle racks on the wall but can't put anything onto the stone as can't get through it.

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks trews,I'm still faffing but I have a touch of ocd and will keep faffing until it's just right [emoji6]
NoAngel, we decided to build a box into the back of the shed,the floor is unlevel,so he made a base which is about 1.5" high at one end and nearly 6" at the other so you can imagine how unlevel it was! He then positioned 2x2s where I wanted the saddle racks so they had support. The front,top and sides are 18mm mdf and the back is 6mm so it's very strong. The walls were not strong enough to load anything heavy onto anything you attached. Some parts were but doing it this way meant things could go exactly where I wanted them. He has offered to fit mdf along the wall behind the feed in so I could add more onto it,it's not too hard a job,just buy the big sheets and attach with nice big plugs and screws!Had no problems fixing mdf sheets to the stone at all. He then filled with expanding foam down the sides just to keep everything stable but he did say you provably don't need to do that he just likes using the stuff!

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
We've got a hammer drill and still can't get through the walls in the tack room, might have to show these pics to my dad when he comes over and say 'I want that!' lol.

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Lol,I meant to say,the walls have a frame behind them so the mdf sits flat on the frame,just 2x2 nothing majorly heavy-duty :) what type of stone is it? I will ask dad what his drill is.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Dad looking to buy this horse for his 8yr old girl... but is it a Stifle injury? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 40
Trewsers Any spare vibes for my dad Cafe 27
mystiquemalaika Feeling handy and going to attempt this with dad :-) Cafe 9
Sunshine-x I have the best dad ever!! Cafe 12
mystiquemalaika Mum and dad are p****d :-P Cafe 8
Dark Storm Clive Dun (Dad's Army) has passed away Cafe 6
Dark Storm Family Guy V American Dad Cafe 11
domane Albi helps dad & goes for a walk... Cafe 4
S Presents for Dad Cafe 7
C Fuming with Dad! :-(( Cafe 7
Snowyboy All hail my Dad and opinions please! Cafe 5
OwnedbyChanter Well it's been busy. SJ lesson went well and saw my dad... Cafe 6
Claire1605 Wow - I want to be just like my dad! Cafe 5
honey65 I want to find my Dad Cafe 20
OwnedbyChanter Dogs not inpressed with mum and dad Cafe 0
OwnedbyChanter Phone call from my dad really upset Cafe 12
Claire1605 Victory's Dad Cafe 5
L My Dad died this week... Cafe 35
denisextilly Night,night Dad Rainbow Bridge 40
C some lovely pics from my dad!! Cafe 16
K Proving foal is by a certain 'dad' - breeding Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 26
horsy A question from my dad... :D General 5
crossflow Thanks to everyone at New Rider from Bazzy Boys Dad General 33
Megzii_&_Medi.x i love my dad but medi is MY pony let me do it my way PLEASSSE General 8
K *pic* of Dad&I cantering First Timers 6
Beck Will Dad be able to ride him? General 8
Nookster Chinooks dad General 9
K The horse I ride...his dad is a Hackney supreme champion!! General 7
M mum chestnut, dad dark bay... Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 12
G.Gracious Dad wants to start!! Older Riders 10
Wally123 Amazing coincidence Cafe 6
S I need help,if someone would reply it’d be amazing Training of the Horse and Rider 6
Kite_Rider 24 and still amazing. Cafe 10
Kite_Rider Amazing days. Cafe 16
HaloHoney Amazing horse shame about the rider Cafe 13
CassiopeiaCleo We had an amazing day! (Charity Ride) Cafe 6
JMR77 Amazing adults club morning :) Cafe 5
MrC Amazing day :) Cafe 9
Gimp Most Amazing Pony in the world ! Cafe 19
horseandgoatmom Amazing horses this guy is 80 = get a life bureaucrats!!!! Cafe 3
OwnedbyChanter Amazing 40th Birthday Cafe 17
Ale I find it amazing that ale has only worn a LW rug. Horse Care 3
Cremola Foam amazing weekend :) :D Cafe 11
C My Horse is Amazing :D Hacking 4
Ale Mr Amazing pics Cafe 8
X Amazing Blaze Shape! Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 0
nat17 Amazing Ring - xmas maybe Cafe 7
WeeBarraxO Had the most amazing schooling session with Mr Red Cafe 4
Dizzy Woo My amazing nappy Haffie Training of the Horse and Rider 10
Gattino Amazing weekend at Olympia! Cafe 8