My 3 day party By ginger one aged 6 (pics)

DavidH

BSJA-Big Scarey Jump Asso
Apr 16, 2000
UK, Northampton
members.aol.com
Hello everyone. Dads a bit tired today so I said i would do a report on my party.
Well it all started on friday when we went to the scary lady that shouts at dad while I do poncy stuff like circles. All that boring practice dad insisted we did must have worked though coz the lady wasn't shouting very much and said lots of well dones and very nices. Now I thought we were going home after that but wehn I got out of the lorry it didn't look like my place. Miliions of lorrys, tents, flags and horses everywhere.
Dad led me to a bit line of funny l;ooking stables with flappy green roofs. It was all very interesting as the view from my stable had lots of horses running around. I discoverd that under all the shavings this stable didn't have those black mat things, it had grass. So i felt it was my job to move all the shavings around nad eat it all. Dad didn't seem too pleased with that but I informed him it was my job as a horse :p
stable1.jpg

Next day another lady arrived and made my mane in to lots of little balls while 2 other ladies made my coat shine. I think dad was drinking hot choclate while all this was going on. Then dad put just my bridle on and I had to stand and look beautiful while some people admired me. Then I had to trot along a path, turn round at the end and trot back. Couldn't see the point of it all myself but dad seemed very happy when a man put his thumb up and the noisy cone said "number 160 has passed"
Things went a bit down hill then as my saddle appeared and I had to do more poncy stuff. There were millions of horses all around. I didn't know there were that many horses in the world but I was on my best behaviour unlike some of the naughty ones. After a while dad took me to a funny area with white boards and a car where we did more poncy stuff. Dad seemed very pleased with me as I got lots of pats and carrots. I even managed to steal some of his hot choclate:D
Trotup-1.jpg

In the afternoon I got to eat lots of lovely lush grass as dad led me around showing me some funny l;ooking jump things he called the steeple chase. I think I was supposed to take notice of them but the grass was much more interesting.
My hoofs are a bit tired now so I will finish the story in a few minutes

Oh lovely - well done both on all that study for the twiddly bits. Is this a three day report? Must we wait till tomorrow?

OK, my hooves have recovered.
All that night it rained and rained and rained.
Next morning dad seemed a bit worried about all the mud and kept muttering about green horse and big XC. No idea what he was on about as I'm ginger. He seemed very happy about the poncy stuff I did though as we got 64% (36 penalties) and were in eigth place. Didn't make much sense to me but it did seem to equal lots of carrots and polos so must have been good.
The rain still hadn't stopped when my tack arrived so out in to the wet we went. I was feeling happy until I saw these scary yellow flappy things. Dad said I was being silly and they were just people in plastic rain covers but I wasn't convinced so I kept dancing until dad took me away from there to somewhere called Roads & tracks A start. Just seemed like a fast hack to me but I had never been around it before and after all theose scary yellow things I had to jump at everything. Dad got a bit cross, particularly when I did a really big spook at a ditch and he almost fell off. Then we ended up back where we started (with the scary yelloow things). We were both very wet by now but I had hardly cuaght my breath and we were off round those steeple chase things dad had shown me. As we came to the first one dad seemed to want me to be steady. I think he thought I might not jumped it...silly man. After that he just let me gallop. It was so much fun I decided to carry on galloping when we started on R&T C. I must have gone really fast round this second hack as dad said we had to stand and watch some other horses jumping on our way back to the finish.
When we got back to the other horses a nice lady put a funny tube against my chest. The other end was in her ear which she listened to for a minute and said "fit to continue". Dad was very happy when she said that. Cant understand what the fuss was about coz I can rum for miles and miles when we are at home.
Then we had to wait for ages in the pouring rain. Dad was getting very cold and moaning about the delay. Apparently someone had fallen off and was block our course. Silly person.
Finally we were off. Dad let me run as I promised him I would jump any thing that I came across which I did. I even went over the horse eating ditches and up the really steep 3 steps. Dad did insist I slowed down a bit for some of the fences but was OK as I was allowed to run in between. After we came out of the water dad looked at a funny yellow thing on his wrist then told me we had to fly. That was what I wanted to hear and I flew.
It was all over far too soon for my liking. Apparently I was one of only 2 horses to go all round the the big jumps in the time allowed. Something to do with all the mud dad siad. He did seem very pleased with me. He siad I was 'Awesome' which I think is better than really good but not too sure. I got lots of polos and carrots again, a new rug and a lovely leather head collar.
Later that evening dad came to see me and said we were now in 5th place. I think he had lost the plot as I am sure I was in the smae place I had been since I arrrived. Oh well, what ever makes him happy.
fence6.jpg

The third day it was still raining. I had to do another of those silly tort up things and I was fine. I could have told them that but I seems dad had to have these other people say so. I thought we were going to do more of the fun gallopy stuff but no, I had to do steady canter and jump those fences with the coloured poles that fall off if you touch them. Unfortuneately my silly dad checked me when he should have sat still so I got a bit too close to one of them and a pole fell off.
It meant we went down to 6th place but I got to line up with 9 other horses, have a big rosette put on then gallop around the ring with all the people clapping and cheering. That was fun.
After that dad took me home and put me in my own lovely field.
So dad, when do we get to party again?

A note form dad.
I still can not believe how well he went over the 3 days. He was totally chilled out and just took everything in his stride. To just complete the 3 day would have been fantastic given that he was in the intermediate class, had only seen XC fences twice and done 1 dressage test before.

To finish 6th was beyond anything I could have hoped for.

What a horse :D:D:D:D

Awesome is right ! Love the expression in the pic. Looks like you're thoroughly enjoying yourself, GO. (actually, GO, short for Ginger One suits you well ! )
Pity about the rain though, can see you are both soaked.

6th in his first time out....I think you are right, and he is going to make a very special eventer (has this cured you of lingering dressage diva-yness?). Seriously, really well done, i am very pleased for you both. I love the pictures.

What excellent news! Loved the story from Ginger one's POV! You must be absolutely thrilled with the outcome, what a smashing horse. You two are going to be one formidable team! :D

Well done DavidH and Ginger One!

newrider.com