Introductions here please!

Well I see I posted in entirely the wrong area before :oops:
Hi (again)
I'm Larri, was a regular from 2001 - 2006 then only popped on a couple of times since. I'm dipping my toe back in the water as the forum I migrated to isn't what it was and I got shafted royally by someone prominent on there, so no longer feel the lurve :rolleyes: I need something to keep me occupied in the office lol so here I am back on NR which was my very first forum!
I'm middle aged but still dye my hair the most ridiculus colours, am about to move to a small farm in deepest wet west Wales from Essex along with hubby, four rescued dogs and three ponies where I will be offering retirement / youngstock livery and trying to make a shack a home
I'm a granny now with two lovely GD's one who is delightfully pony mad :D

Reactions: Trewsers
It's been a toturous process :confused:
We've had a sale dropped as vendor changed mind, been gazumped, had a place deemed unmortgagable, then the gazumped one came back on the market and the sale has been ongoing since end of May...we're still no where near exchange and there's going to be up to 8 weeks before completion once that's done :eek:
I'm really looking forward to moving into a very basic single glazed house with the grand sum of 2 radiators in the middle of a Welsh winter..... actually I am, even still :D

Hello All

Huddersfield based, but originally from the 'right' side of the Pennines ;-). A relative newby to West Yorkshire and now settled, looking to bring a hoofed member into the family.

Look forward to reading all about you and yours.

Would love to hear from anybody that would be willing to cast a discerning eye over a pretty pone in particular that has caught my eye!

resized Bonnie.jpg Hi all

I'm Janet riding on and off for years I ride Bonnie in lessons and loan her when I can. I guess I am an older rider now I was very brave and jumped a 'Big for me' fence. Guess this will do for now as it has gone midnight. Be back on soon. Just a quick pic above

I'm Chev, been around horses for about 35 years and bred coloureds and welshies until health problems got in the way and we lost most of our grazing. We have two ponies, Gelfy the one-eyed pony and Dolly the hairy footed coblet who is on loan. I recently started riding lessons again and if all goes to plan I will be entering my first dressage test in years on June the 7th. That is if enough people enter - at the moment I am the only entrant!

Hello, i have been riding on and off for forever! Well thats how it feels anyway. Still not a perfect rider and still have days where i forget what i am doing! But love owning a horse, he keeps me sane or droves me insane... One of the two. Own my cob, truthfully he owns me

Hi, I started riding again in February this year following a very long break due to having a knee replacement. I last rode when I was about 10 years old and I am now 53!! I get private lessons at a riding school and I hack out with my friend on her 23 year old cob. Walk and trot only. I did canter once at the riding school before covid 19 kicked off. Hopefully my lessons are restarting soon. I am wanting to buy my own horse as I retire from work early next year - hopefully an older cob type who likes to plod. :)

Hi everyone! I just signed up, seems like a nice place. There isn’t all that much to say about me, been riding for a good few years. Had a long break in between, restarted and now got my own demonic pony. Not sure how I stay on half of the time, but it somehow works. ?‍♀️

Other than that I got two little feline troublemakers. One of whom is featured on the top (if you’re on mobile), she is a real diva. Albeit a lovely one. The other one we don’t see all that much, but I’m sure he’s cool too.

Reactions: Huggy and GaryB
Hi all!
I'm Claire, 46yrs old, owner of Baloo, 16'1hh ex-racer, Kami, 13'2hh Coloured Mare and her 5 month old chestnut filly foal, Mika!
I'm not a new rider per se as I've ridden since I was a child but I have had a break from riding for a few years and have to admit that I can be a little nervous at times!
I live in Surrey and lease a paddock where I keep my 4 leggeds!
It's nice to meet you all and reading all your posts has led me to become a member xxx

Reactions: GaryB
Here are my guys... Sorry forgot to attach to previous post!

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_123325871.jpg
    IMG_20200905_123325871.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200905_123337910.jpg
    IMG_20200905_123337910.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200905_123305577.jpg
    IMG_20200905_123305577.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: GaryB
Hello! I´m not sure if this is the right place to post the message, I ride for about 30 years now, it is my job, and my joy to train horses in a way they can understand, make them happy, safe and willing to colaborate with me I also enjoy being the interpret between horse and rider, I seem to understand horses and I love to make the conversation more understandable between the two of them. Still learning of course, so I joined this forum for more information to study and process ;)

You can read the basics of my method in this book: 5 steps to gain a horse´s trust. I tis available at your store on amazon. It is free now for a few days and then it will be at a reasonable price. In there you can find the method I follow, it can help you and I´m sure you´ll find things and situations to relate to!

Nice to meet you!

Reactions: GaryB and Huggy
newrider.com