Introductions here please!

HORSEGIRL!!!!!!

Nov 30, 2020
Hi there,
I am new I have been riding for 4 years and I absolutely love horses and riding.
I love trial riding the most, but any riding is fun for me.
And I don't currently own a horse.☹️?

Reactions: GaryB and Huggy

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Hi there,
I am new I have been riding for 4 years and I absolutely love horses and riding.
I love trial riding the most, but any riding is fun for me.
And I don't currently own a horse.☹️?
Hello and welcome! Riding is indeed the best, isn't it!

ky kim

Nov 30, 2020
I know this has been done before but let introduce ourselves properly :) There are a number of 'new' members now joining and it would be great to hear all about them and of course any existing guys :)...... and .... it goes without saying, we want pics of your horses please ;)

OK, so I'll start.

I've been riding for about 38yrs but don't presently have any horses. My interest is mainly in flatwork but more down to the fact that I'm too scared to jump now:eek: We live in a perpetual project on the Welsh borders with a rabble of dogs, chickens and sheep, oh, and a male donkey who curiously has a female sounding name. I have a glamorous job cleaning other peoples houses whilst my own is an inch deep in dust and hanging in cobwebs :rolleyes: and my car has been loving named 'the kit skip'. 'Kit' because it's rapidly dropping to bits to be fixed with baler twine and duct tape and 'skip' as that's what it's like inside :cool:
Gotta love duct tape!

KRSqueak

Dec 26, 2020
Hey there!

New member here, my name is Kendra. I do primarily trail rides and competitively competes in trail. I don't compete well so I generally gravitate to trail riding and ground work. I currently have four horses. Three Vanner/Haflinger crosses and one senior Spotted Saddle Horse that was my late-husband's.

I've been on/around/riding since I was four and haven't had a time without horses. They are what keep me going after losing my husband <3.

I look forward to sharing and interacting with you all :)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hey there!

New member here, my name is Kendra. I do primarily trail rides and competitively competes in trail. I don't compete well so I generally gravitate to trail riding and ground work. I currently have four horses. Three Vanner/Haflinger crosses and one senior Spotted Saddle Horse that was my late-husband's.

I've been on/around/riding since I was four and haven't had a time without horses. They are what keep me going after losing my husband <3.

I look forward to sharing and interacting with you all :)
Hello and welcome :D Look forward to hearing more! Glad to hear your horses are keeping you going.

Rum Runner

Jan 10, 2021
Hello I’m Liz from New Hampshire USA. I just found this forum and jumped on. I used to follow horse groups on FB. I decided I’d had enough of it, departed company and lost my horse groups.
I inherited my niece’s retired eventer at age 61. She is a thoroughbred cross, who will turn 26 this year. I have had her now for 3 years. We are both retired and I have her at a lovely farm where we have access to trails, and indoor/outdoor arenas. She has arthritis and requires hock injections so she gets consistent easy-moderate exercise.
I was born obsessed with horses but didn’t get one until I was 14. We had a back yard barn and just mucked around with neighborhood friends. I’m basically reliving those days now, except we are able to travel out to state parks and local beaches.
Looking forward to exploring this forum. Thanks for accepting me. 6A88599B-6210-49EB-85EB-83520F15D65D.jpeg

Last edited:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hello I’m Liz from New Hampshire USA. I just found this forum and jumped on. I used to follow horse groups on FB. I decided I’d had enough of it, departed company and lost my horse groups.
I inherited my niece’s retired eventer at age 61. She is a thoroughbred cross, who will turn 26 this year. I have had her now for 3 years. We are both retired and I have her at a lovely farm where we have access to trails, and indoor/outdoor arenas. She has arthritis and requires hock injections so she gets consistent easy-moderate exercise.
I was born obsessed with horses but didn’t get one until I was 14. We had a back yard barn and just mucked around with neighborhood friends. I’m basically reliving those days now, except we are able to travel out to state parks and local beaches.
Looking forward to exploring this forum. Thanks for accepting me. View attachment 105179
Hello and welcome:D
Look forward to hearing all about your rides.

Tokara

Apr 22, 2021
Hi everyone, just joined this forum after lurking for 2 days.

I rode for around 5 years as a teenager in riding lessons, and have decided to start again now, in my early 20s. I am so very excited for my first lesson next week, and am having a ball getting my gear together. :)

Reactions: Jessey

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
I inherited my niece’s retired eventer at age 61. She is a thoroughbred c
Riding in ones 60s and 70s is so good. Good for one's health as well as a simple pleasure. I too rode a retired horse for many years and I hope it will go as well for you as it has for me.

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Hi everyone, just joined this forum after lurking for 2 days.

I rode for around 5 years as a teenager in riding lessons, and have decided to start again now, in my early 20s. I am so very excited for my first lesson next week, and am having a ball getting my gear together. :)
Welcome :) Looking forward to hearing about your horsey journey!

Reactions: Tokara

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Sounds like you're in for a lot of fun! Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: Tokara

amandal2

Apr 23, 2021
Hi - I was a regular poster some years ago, but couldn't seem to sign on to my original name so changed it ever so slightly. I have 2 horses now, 1 is semi retired and 1 is mysteriously lame and is going to rehab livery when I win the lottery !!

Reactions: GaryB

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Hi - I was a regular poster some years ago, but couldn't seem to sign on to my original name so changed it ever so slightly. I have 2 horses now, 1 is semi retired and 1 is mysteriously lame and is going to rehab livery when I win the lottery !!
Hello, think you must have been before my time - I only joined in 2019. Nice to (virtually) meet you!

Reactions: amandal2