I had my mare put to sleep im heartbroken.

aww im so sorry that is awful your other horse will settle in time just sped lots of time with her and she will feel better

Awww so sorry for your loss. I had my old man pts last year aged 27, had had him 12 years and it was really really sad. I think all the other horses noticed somehing was going on, although my others didn't really seem too be that affected but then they are a lot younger and hang around together.
I think we have to remember their personalities and all the good times we have with them really. Hugs

Oh poor you, I lost my boy 6 months ago, and then lost the will to ride, its taken all this time for me to feel like I can enjoy horses again. I stil miss him and your post made me cry again... but it does get better accept it is a very slow process to heal..

Somewhere in tine's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Remember the good long life she had with you, and that the decision you made at this time was the right one for her well-being. Your other horse will be fine in a couple of days at the most; if there is other company they adjust quickly.

Take care.

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that has posted it has really meant a lot to me and has made a big difference being able to talk about it on here. I am quite new to the boards and I tend to be a reader rather than a poster but I am going to come on here more often as it has certainly made me feel better knowing I am not alone and there is so much support out there.
xxxxx

newrider.com