horse riding morocco

I've walked in the Jebel Sahro and ridden horses in Morocco. Thank you for the link: if you would like to attract people like me, you will need to give us more information on the horses, where they are, what sort of horse, how they are kept, how you match horse to rider and so on.

It looks fascinating and I would love to do something like that but need a lot more info on the horses, where you stay, cost, what's included, safety etc. I've always wanted to go to Morocco.

Reactions: AliciaA and Gimp
Looks wonderful, but Im not sure I would fancy visiting Morrocco right now, isnt it on high terror alert for tourist destinations looking at the foreign travel advise. Tis very sad state of affairs for many tourist destinations at the moment, Im quite happy with a quiet UK holiday right now lol

for the program, we have a 2 days Trip in the atlas mountains; it is as below:

Day 1: Marrakech - Asni - Tachdirte. 3/4hrs riding (22km).
After breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, our driver will pick you up and take to Moulay Brahim, the starting point of the horse riding, start the trip & head up to Imsker village for lunch, continue afterwards & follow up Imnane valley, cross many Berber villages including Arg, Ikkis, Amsakrou, Tinghrine & Tamguiste, beautiful over the lanscape of the berber villages & the Mountains facing Mountains as Tizi Likmte (3600m), Mt Aksoual (3650m). Overnight at the guest house Tachdirte village. visit & have amint tea with the berber family.
Day 2: Tachdirte - Aremd -Imlil. 3/4hrs riding (20km).
After breafast, ride towards Imlil valley via Tizi n'Tamaterte pass (2279m), stunning view over these 2 valleys & Toubkal Summit as well as all peaks over 4000m, down via the forest till the villages Targa Imoula, continue to visit Aremd village on the way to Toubkal Hut, lunch in the top f this typical & bigest village in the Atlas Mountains, down to Imlil, end of the tour.
Pick up from & return to your Riad in Marrakech or the airport.

The cost: 220€ per person based on a minimum of 2 people.

The price includes: private transport from and back to Marrakech, horses, a local guide, a cook & cooking equipment, a support vehicle, food & accommodation at a berber house.

The price excludes: soft drinks, mineral water, tips, helmets & shoes, Travel insurance, etc.

for any further details, please contact us at info@toubkal-trekking.com

Sounds great. I went climbing in the Atlas mountains years ago. Set off from a small village called Tifni. Climbed Jebel Rat and explored amazing gorges in the Mgoun Massif. We were self sufficient and just bivvied at night. Doing it on horseback would be incredible. But maybe when the kids are a bit older!

Reactions: Gimp
Sounds great. I went climbing in the Atlas mountains years ago. Set off from a small village called Tifni. Climbed Jebel Rat and explored amazing gorges in the Mgoun Massif. We were self sufficient and just bivvied at night. Doing it on horseback would be incredible. But maybe when the kids are a bit older!

Thanks for your comment! Nice to know that! Yes, it can be done there, but it will be very expensive because we will have to transport the horses to this region which is very far away from Marrakech.

newrider.com