From fat to fit ( A plus size riders diary)

Yes you have.

Onward and UPWARD.

Even with exercise a little a few times is just as good.

I had a friend that said she had to do an
Hour straight OR NOTHING.

Trust me there were a lot of NOTHING'S :(

I FELT it was better to do even a few minutes as you can and it adds up.;)

It's for sure hard enough without setting up for failure.:(:mad:

Well I did my first night back at the gym10lbs back on but still a loss off 10lbs since I started so not to bad...... I felt really frumpy in my swimming costume even though I can squeeze into the size smaller than when I joined the gym :)

My plan is due to my weight and fiittness levels to gym in the morning while waiting for my OH to get out of bed...I get up earlier and to swim on the evenings after dinner meal so that I can hopefully do more than trying to clump it all into one visit.

A little bit often is better than noting at all..... walking I will do weather dependant most days. I wil try to drop a stone in a month with food healthy eating, small portions...gym swim, walking and riding. so I need to be a stone lighter by my birthday :D

Last edited:
Yes you have.

Onward and UPWARD.

Even with exercise a little a few times is just as good.

I had a friend that said she had to do an
Hour straight OR NOTHING.

Trust me there were a lot of NOTHING'S :(

I FELT it was better to do even a few minutes as you can and it adds up.;)

It's for sure hard enough without setting up for failure.:(:mad:

My best friend has a phrase which I love, 'a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing' so true.

@Native Lover well done, not as bad as you feared after all, keep at it hun. It doesn't matter what you look like in your cozzie, you got out there and did it, we'll done.

Been swimming every night this week now upto 1 hour 15 mins slow breast stroke. I am not a fast swimmer but working on it..... Tuesday is weigh in day one week back at it.... fingers crossed its a loss.... I have rally gone healthy eating smaller portions lots of water..... less alcohol..... so it would be nice to be rewarded for all my effort :D

Time to add in the gym too....30 mins a day to start with me thinks.

What with everything that happened with my breast cancer scare.... I lost my motivation to go to the gym.... now the all clear has come through I start back today. Will weigh myself and take it from there. 1/2 in the gym 3/4hour swimming for starters. I am hoping my weight has maintained as not been comfort eating but haven smaller portions of the earthy food.

Last edited:
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Just over a month back at the gym and swimming..... walking when I have time. I got diagnosed as diabetic don’t know if I mentioned it before.... so been really strict on sugar....... and very healthy eating 13 lbs down whoop in just over 4 weeks.... I am finally able to do some front crawl I am fit enough to do a few lengths at the faster pace.

I am so pleased with this weigh in. It’s dropping off. Starting back plodding slowly building up both of us ready for a spring ahead of riding. :)

Last edited:
Looking into the actual gym part of the gym...... I am starting with 30 mins bike tread mill and rower then will add other machines as I get stronger and fitter. I want to eventually be fit emough for the classes at the gym toomix it up a little.

Seeing the Dr this week about my diabetes.... so I will find out more how to manage the condition. I am hoping that the exercise will help control it along with the correct diet.its the best £1 a dat I spend :)

238 lbs down from 268 lbs wow I am almost under 17 stone.... that’s a lot to some I know but two stone + down on my starting weight. Down 30 lbs..... only another 60 lbs to go to my target weight.

I am feeling like my riding is getting better and my legs have more strength I which is great for both me and MELODY...... my next goal is to be 16 stone by Christmas.

I haven’t been going to the gym just doing more at the horses with all the extra walking on the new yard it’s just dropping off and now the darker nights are coming will go back to swimming and the gym :)

So happy.

Last edited:
Well done you. It's a long term thing, and not where you start from but where you end up. I've lost 1 1/2 stone over the summer, taken a little break while we had lots of visitors and due to start quietly trimming down again tomorrow - 1 September. (I'm like you - not just a few lbs to shift, but a few stone!) As you say you do feel much better for it. I have further to go before I feel fit enough to ride, but getting there. Keep reporting in.

newrider.com