Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

It's so satisfying, getting the hay in, isn't it? We have some left from a spring delivery, lovely stuff, and got a delivery state of October, again nice hay. The year before was really poor - lots of detritus in it - splinters from bushes, bits of wood - had to dump half of it. Have now got this year's supplier on speed dial!

It's going dark here already, the day has been so gloomy and full of squalls. I'm envious of anyone who is managing to still ride / do stuff in hand. It's been a complete no go here for almost a week.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Its been a really nice day here. Loads of people out. Car parks and road jam packed again. Had to go and get a couple of the cows we moved last week, couldnt even get past with the tractor and trailer. My brother left 5 minutes before i did, caught him up, trying to squeeze past parked cars and more coming up the road to find a parking space.

Managed to get Billy out for a 4 mile ride. Did some in hand poles with chunky.

My boyfriend came to the yard with me this afternoon, it's rare that he does but every time there seems to be drama. Ale was the wrong side of his fence for the first time in about a year. He lept back over to the right side but not very well (tape was less than 1 foot off the ground) it got caught round his leg. Luckily I had immediately disconnected the power at least. He cantered round in a huge circle towards me bringing the whole fence with him. Thankfully a couple of poles snapped and he got free. Doesn't appear to be any damage done to him but I'm a little worried he might colic after eating so much grass today. Fingers crossed he's fine in the morning! Boyfriend won't be coming to the yard again for a while after seeing Ale charging towards me with him fence round his back legs.

My boyfriend came to the yard with me this afternoon, it's rare that he does but every time there seems to be drama. Ale was the wrong side of his fence for the first time in about a year. He lept back over to the right side but not very well (tape was less than 1 foot off the ground) it got caught round his leg. Luckily I had immediately disconnected the power at least. He cantered round in a huge circle towards me bringing the whole fence with him. Thankfully a couple of poles snapped and he got free. Doesn't appear to be any damage done to him but I'm a little worried he might colic after eating so much grass today. Fingers crossed he's fine in the morning! Boyfriend won't be coming to the yard again for a while after seeing Ale charging towards me with him fence round his back legs.
Hope he’s okay?

Reactions: Huggy and MrA
Well I've had a productive (if tiring) morning. Three of the kitkats stayed in the garage last night - the weather was foul and I was glad to have them in really. Sadly Felix wouldn't come in so Mr t and me ventured down to the cat shelter and found him in there, so we supplied him with enough cat food to sink a ship and said goodnight. This morning however, I paid the price in the garage! Technically they are no longer kittens but I think they had done quite a bit of playing last night. There was a lot of things upside down and tipped over. They had all used the litter tray too - and scattered cat litter all over. But least they used it and didn't just leave random poops all over. The wind has died down a bit now - so I've been doing a megga muck out in the apartment. Potato waffles for breakfast and coffee and now I could just do with a snooze...........................

I took Hogan in his headcollar, for a little walk into the newly topped paddock. I want to get him used to going in there. There's nothing to eat, and it would be ideal for a little schooling (I use that term advisedly). If I could just take him in now and again, just to plod around and do some circles and basics, I think it would be so good for him.

Played silly things moving cows back up to the field which we only brought down from sunday. They were supoosed to be going for beef at 5am this morning but it it all got cancelled yesterday at last minute. So we took them back up to there nice big field full of tasty grass, which we moved them too last week. Im abit short home here so they cant stay on the home fields. New dates been arranged for a few weeks time.

Then took mum for another hospital check up. Thinking it wouldnt take long. Umm two hours later i picked here up. They sent her for further xrays, and then tried sending her to oncology after a patient mix up. Whoops!!! Think the hospital are a little short staffed and a little stressed. Mum said attitudes were not as good as they have been over the last few weeks. Good news is, no more appointments unless somethings a miss. Theyve given her an open appointment if its needed. There not going to operate, shes just got to hope that her toe continues heel without any complications.

Now its too late for me to go to work today. So full day tomorrow.

Played silly things moving cows back up to the field which we only brought down from sunday. They were supoosed to be going for beef at 5am this morning but it it all got cancelled yesterday at last minute. So we took them back up to there nice big field full of tasty grass, which we moved them too last week. Im abit short home here so they cant stay on the home fields. New dates been arranged for a few weeks time.

Then took mum for another hospital check up. Thinking it wouldnt take long. Umm two hours later i picked here up. They sent her for further xrays, and then tried sending her to oncology after a patient mix up. Whoops!!! Think the hospital are a little short staffed and a little stressed. Mum said attitudes were not as good as they have been over the last few weeks. Good news is, no more appointments unless somethings a miss. Theyve given her an open appointment if its needed. There not going to operate, shes just got to hope that her toe continues heel without any complications.

Now its too late for me to go to work today. So full day tomorrow.
That must be a relief for you and your mum then, no surgery required.

Sat in the field with a cup of coffee listening to Jess finally grazing, her breathing suddenly went bad this afternoon, she didn’t quite make it through her tiny dinner for coughing and I suspect a bit of a choke from trying. She got herself in a right pickle and wouldn’t even graze. I spoke to the vet who suggested I just give it time for the dilatrol I’d already got into her to work, and to syringe more down if need be and call them out if it didn’t improve. I couldn’t get the inhaler into her as every time I covered her nose she panicked and had another coughing fit. But 90 minutes on she started grazing, it’s been another half hour since then so I’m hopeful it’s settled for tonight as she’s not coughing now. Hopefully it will be settled enough by morning that she’ll take the inhaler. They do worry us at times.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com