Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Forecast for tomorrow was wet, now it's two days of cloudy.
I actually had a good ride yesterday and don't feel like riding today- experience says don't, learnt that the hard way!

So it's a brush and fuss day today. See if she noticed me moving the fence. Get some photos. Chill out. Smooth over some divets aka stop digging to Australia to furry things. Anyone got a spare owl.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Well I'm quite worn out with feeding kitkats all over the place. Monster has his big fat fighting paws too much under the table and even Mackeral is sick of him today! Amber and Rosy hissed at him and ran away. Spycat is still lurking in the field near Storm's paddocks and has to be fed in there. Mini Mackeral comes just before we go to bed and gets fed either under the truck at the front of the house or at the side door. No sign of my lovely Felix though. It's exhausting. And Monster still smells, is rude, has a sly sneaky way about him and makes creepy noises. But mr t likes him - so he's staying for now. I just wish the testosterone would go - maybe it has, he's neutered but still thinks he's a tom. :rolleyes:

I am not saying we shouldn't be talking about it and be more accepting, I am saying that all of a sudden we have a new buzz word that gets thrown around.
Sorry wasn't directed at you, just general thoughts on the whole mental well being thing. I think it's positive but does get abused as an excuse for some people.

We have mental health first aiders at work now, they are not very good sadly.

I was hacking a while back and car stopped in a very odd place middle of one of the motorway bridges, I asked if he was okay. He'd just stopped to take a phone call and was rather surprised to see me peering in on Brodie ?

I saw Mr Fox today, could be Mrs Fox. It was only 2.30pm, sure sign Autumn weather is arriving. It feels chilly by 2.30pm.
Now here's the thing. I don't mind these visiting, any idea what they like to nibble on apart from the nice plump pheasants I also feed! I have a feeding station now, so I think nature will get to know seed and stuff goes out.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Last few days I’ve been playing catch up with my art course, working with acrylics now, I don’t like acrylics, they dry too fast and I can’t get nice details into my painting arghhh, oh well the idea of doing the course was to try new stuff, here’s the first one, a step by step we are supposed to follow, mine looks nothing like the image in the coursework folder.

Attachments

• EBDB155F-60AE-4916-9784-15131996AD82.jpeg
    EBDB155F-60AE-4916-9784-15131996AD82.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 4
Apparently birds like fruit. This is what the greengrocers had reduced. Stuck it where the cob couldn't seen it.
Though I guess I could hang a banana in a tree for her. ;)
DSC_3217~2.JPG

Windy tail up her bum day. I went for a walk in the moors. I needed to know where the route was. I had a little chuckle to myself and thought "I is gonna need a bit a help getting her through that there, and there, that there and oh that"
Anyways wip I think they say, I know where I am going at least!

It's turned from mizzle to proper rain here. Been out loads with madam today, she's had paddock time plus in hand walks and nibbles. Felix is back - hurrah! But won't come into the garage - only came in once this morning but when Monster returned he's back to wanting feeding near the paddocks :(
Just about to paint my twig tree - and then have a snack. Chilli tonight made by mr t washed down with on-tap Amstel nice and icy!

newrider.com