Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

So glad to hear Felix is back @Trewsers , you must be relieved!
I am thanks, I could have cried yesterday when I heard his little voice coming up the field! He's very vocal. Only thing is now, how to persuade him and Spycat to come back to the byre. They are still so wary and will only come to the edge of Storm's paddock, so in all weathers I'm out there feeding them. Felix made an attempt at the garage but got scared off. I can see I'm going to have to buy a cat cave and wedge it down in the field for winter if they don't start coming back to the byre like they used to.

Rain rain and more rain here today. Just settling my lovely continental breakfast................mr t made flat breads, grilled tomatoes with cheese and black pepper, served with Spanish herbed tuna fish, grilled haloumi and cucumber. Oh and a few onions for garnish. Hehehe. I can pretend the weather is better via food! Don't think I'll be doing much with Zi today. His Lordship does not do rain at all.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Same here - I wanted to ride tomorrow but it's not looking likely:(
And here, been ridiculously warm today and more bloody midges biting me.
And same re riding tomorrow too. Sure Belle won’t mind though ha ha.
On the plus side I’ve got a delicious Greek dish for dinner tonight which I’m really looking forward too and some chocolate orange ice cream for pudding ?

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and PePo
Well, forecast was spot on. Got soaked doing nursery and school run, then more soaked poo picking. Hogan was in a paddy about being soaked, and managed to knock all Ramseys rugs down, by rubbing up and down the partition. Home now, and going to have toast and marmite, toast and honey, then a chocolate bar (she said, defiantly).

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Well, forecast was spot on. Got soaked doing nursery and school run, then more soaked poo picking. Hogan was in a paddy about being soaked, and managed to knock all Ramseys rugs down, by rubbing up and down the partition. Home now, and going to have toast and marmite, toast and honey, then a chocolate bar (she said, defiantly).
You've earned your chocolate bar lol

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
Rain and wind here. Storm seemed to be the only one not bothered about it. Everyone else sheltered under the ginnel in disgust when I threw them out to muck out their houses! I trailed across the front fields to find Spycat but no sign of him, however Felix popped up and got fed (I now walk around smelling of cat sachets as I always have them about my person including the empty ones :rolleyes: )

Reactions: Huggy
Rain. Nature's grooming product.
_20201021_151302.JPG

Chores done.
New battery and fence back chucking out 8000 volts. My fault it broke. Fixed that!

Started to make a new muck heap.

Sorted the mud by the gate. Has to be a reason why one side won't dry up!

Moved her itchy post and salt lick to the shelter. She's broken the branch off the tree.

Productive day.

Wet and gloomy here too. Eased a bit this afternoon. Been a bit stressed out with everything going on so sporting day two of a headache. Grrr.

I'm sitting here putting off going out. I have a wet head to begin with (just had a shower). But it's not sounding inviting at all. The wind is pummelling the house and the rain is sporadic and nasty when it lands. I have eight hooves to pick out, a possible four piles of poop to remove from each box, suppers to prepare and gates to close for the night. I've got an italian mince meal to look forward to later though. ?

newrider.com