Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Yep definitely, there has already been lots going off for the last week. I have such a good view being up on the hill. Dont think ive know so many so early. Although youd think under current finacial worries that people have of being out of work or made redundant people would save tjere pennies instead of burning them. I guess its the mental wellbeing aspect kicking in.

I do wonder how many people are jumping on the mental wellbeing bandwagon though. It's a term I hadn't really heard of, considering most people look at mental health issues as stigma, but saying it's for my wellbeing appears to be accepted.
You really don't need fireworks for your wellbeing. But, what I do for my downtime is personal to me- it's not fireworks.

They feel like they need to change. The air feels different. Feels autumnal.

As for changes I have made some more.
I have removed the cob's diary and put it on another platform.

They probably don’t even give livestock a thought when having fireworks. But like folk who drive like idiots past horses on the road. Not all of it is intentional. Some just ignorant and don’t honestly realise.

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Yeh the fireworks that were let off were aimed straight out across my fields which are currently being grazed by my rams and lambs. So hes basically letting them off right above the sheeps head.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
I am shocked around here at how courteous the drivers are! Feels like another world. I am seriously not used to them being so slow!! All the roads are already 30mph which after being on 40mph is noticeable.
They give way to horses :eek:

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Ps why does using a smilie constantly cause my device to freeze!

Anyway, not to self I won't be using any from now on. Apart from these :) ;)

Ps why does using a smilie constantly cause my device to freeze!

Anyway, not to self I won't be using any from now on. Apart from these :) ;)
I have all manner of odd things happen since the upgrade lol
If I reply to a post it won't then let me add a smile - sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't - and then the screen jams after I've told the ads to bog off!

I do wonder how many people are jumping on the mental wellbeing bandwagon though. It's a term I hadn't really heard of, considering most people look at mental health issues as stigma, but saying it's for my wellbeing appears to be accepted.
You really don't need fireworks for your wellbeing. But, what I do for my downtime is personal to me- it's not fireworks.

They feel like they need to change. The air feels different. Feels autumnal.
Yes funny how something that was stigmatised is now on trend during the covid. You can now do what you like if it's for your mental well being :rolleyes: ?

Reactions: newforest and Huggy
I think, covid or no covid, outside interests are imperative for me and mine's mental well being. I've got the horse, OH has yoga, son has gym and football, daughter buys clothes - lots of clothes.

I was in the middle of a reply yesterday and then couldn't post. Then the sight seemed to be down for several hours. All very weird.
I don't use many emojis so cant say I've noticed issues there.

My biggest headache just now has been trying to fix my new computer. After a big windows update a few days ago I couldn't view my emails. So I've researched and I've had to reinstall things. Yet i could see the accounts listed under my account settings. Click on manage and i get silly messages which are totally unhelpful. Stupid technology.

Turns out its an issue that's been around since at least 2018. You'd have thought microsoft would have fixed it. Can happen every time my computer gets a big update. Geee thanks for the warning.

I have all manner of odd things happen since the upgrade lol
If I reply to a post it won't then let me add a smile - sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't - and then the screen jams after I've told the ads to bog off!
I think the Chinese ones are spamming.

We definitely need to keep moving forward in talking about and accepting mental health. Most people would say they don't need a horse for their mental well-being but I sort of do.

I absolutely hate fireworks, silent displays and the banning of private sales would be a huge step forward.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
I am not saying we shouldn't be talking about it and be more accepting, I am saying that all of a sudden we have a new buzz word that gets thrown around.

There are people out there with mental health conditions prior to covid that this country had no funding for. (actually there are a lot of things this country had no money for) we weren't exactly in a great place with social care before were we!

The needing a horse is an animal, it's a release. It's scientific whatsit to help. You get therapy horses. So not disagreeing with you at all on that.
I would rather talk to her for an hour than a therapist!! She levels things out. I don't take my daily crap on a hack. :)

newrider.com