Can anyone help? Search for horse's owners

suseh97

Jun 30, 2008
Renfrewshire, Scotland
It is near where I live. There have been two instances of dead horses being left in the fields.
There is the ragwort problem that they were asked to sort out but did nothing about. The fencing round most of the field (which has a rusty old car in it) is barbed wire and old tyres. I once passed and a pony was tangled in it's rug. I went in and they were less than friendly. I passed again with my dog an hour later and nothing had been done about it even though when I went in the owners had been doing nowt.
Oh and one day I was on the bus and a junkie from the nearest big town was on talking on his mobile. He was saying that he was going to visit his horse that was stabled there :eek: He looked like he could hardly take care of himself let alone a horse. How could he afford it? If anymore of the clients are like him then maybe explains how they have not surfaced yet.

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Maybe the laws up there are different, but surely an animal suffering can be seized by the powers that be. Eviction noticed served or not. I know the article says that the SSPCA havent any room, but arent there any other horse charities up there.

LauraGeeGee

Oct 5, 2008
Collier Row, Essex
It is near where I live. There have been two instances of dead horses being left in the fields.
There is the ragwort problem that they were asked to sort out but did nothing about. The fencing round most of the field (which has a rusty old car in it) is barbed wire and old tyres. I once passed and a pony was tangled in it's rug. I went in and they were less than friendly. I passed again with my dog an hour later and nothing had been done about it even though when I went in the owners had been doing nowt.
Oh and one day I was on the bus and a junkie from the nearest big town was on talking on his mobile. He was saying that he was going to visit his horse that was stabled there :eek: He looked like he could hardly take care of himself let alone a horse. How could he afford it? If anymore of the clients are like him then maybe explains how they have not surfaced yet.

That's awful. :(

Surely that is an out and out case of neglect/cruelty and the horses should just be removed.

The law is an ass.

suseh97

Jun 30, 2008
Renfrewshire, Scotland
Maybe because they are a livery? I don't know. There could be a loophole if they do not own the horses (or say they dont). It has been a long running saga in the local rag for nearly a year :mad:

The horses in the field do not look emaciated or injured. The two dead ones were the result of an accident and one was pts with colic. The issue was that on two occasions there was dead horses out in the field for a period of time rather than being removed ASAP. So it is was not an Amersham scenario more just long running horses being kept in less than satisfactory conditions.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Loopy_Laura Anyone want to help me horse search? General 18
No_Angel Anyone know of a nice headcollar? and some sizing help please! Tack & Saddlery 13
S Can anyone help me with my canter? Training of the Horse and Rider 7
Phoebe2015 Help please - can anyone reccomend a good equine dentist in the North East area Horse Care 6
sjp1 Can Anyone Help me with Plaiting Please? Horse Care 15
Mary Poppins Anyone want to help horses and donkeys in Eqypt? Cafe 0
BonBon85 Elevator drop nose band... Can anyone help me??!! PLEASE!!!!!! Tack & Saddlery 9
candyflosspot Horse gossip members? can anyone help? Cafe 3
Kis Vihar Anyone interested in politics / economics....HELP PLEASE! Cafe 11
No_Angel Snow globe - can anyone help? Cafe 2
WeeBarraxO anyone want to help us horse shop ? Cafe 15
Dark Storm HELP! Anyone own a Packard Bell desktop? need an expert :( Cafe 6
WeeBarraxO Anyone want to help me horse hunt ? Cafe 0
alwaysfallingof HELP! Anyone who understands car documents... Cafe 3
R Help Cavallo Shoes - has anyone used them Hoof Care 5
B Can anyone help this chap?? Cafe 11
Dark Storm Can anyone help me find transport for Youngster on Sunday? Cafe 3
Midnight_Ashes Would anyone want to help, do you think? Cafe 15
LindaAd I need to borrow a roller - can anyone help, please? Tack & Saddlery 5
fairlady Omg, 'phew'....can anyone help, lol Cafe 3
S Help! Anyone know Livery in Liverpool? Cafe 0
F Anyone wanna help me? ^^ Cafe 0
F Can anyone help me with... Cafe 1
No_Angel Can anyone help me find? Cafe 6
No_Angel Can anyone help me find? Cafe 2
WeeBarraxO Looking to help out/anyone need some help Cafe 5
Flipo's Mum Help..Anyone Speak Dutch? Cafe 16
MAC66 Can anyone help me please ? Cafe 9
S anyone want to help me look for a new horse?-DEVON Cafe 0
PacerPassion Wanted - can anyone help? Cafe 1
x.Moomoo.x Anyone bored? could do with some help... Cafe 22
J Anyone find horses help them cope. Cafe 14
blonde can anyone help find me a new house Cafe 5
A-Spotty-Pony Around cambridge, need help? Anyone? Cafe 4
B anyone @ mkec BE tomoro? &HT help Competing 0
minihorse Shetlands Few questions anyone help Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 5
M Anyone looking for help in the Dereham, Norfolk area? Training of the Horse and Rider 0
tas1608 Can anyone help?? Competing 8
angelfben Help please - Anyone with experience of maintaining land? Horse Care 11
L Transport needed for the 11th July...can anyone help please Transport and Travelling 0
P Please can anyone help? Hoof Care 2
Shian89 Does anyone have a Premier equine fly mask in a XS? Sizing help! Tack & Saddlery 3
Nicnac Nervous on a forward going RS pony when hacking - lots of issues -can anyone help? Hacking 8
Fab filly Transport needed 28th May in Rugby Warwickshire?? Can anyone help me? Transport and Travelling 0
E can anyone help Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 11
E Please can anyone help me Disabled Riding 28
S can anyone help need to find horse transporter in rochdale Transport and Travelling 0
rookierider Boett blanket real static problems - help, anyone got a solution? Horse Care 11
minihorse Silver gene anyone help Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 10
skips and soda Very bizarre. Can anyone help? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 33