Can anyone help? Search for horse's owners

It is near where I live. There have been two instances of dead horses being left in the fields.
There is the ragwort problem that they were asked to sort out but did nothing about. The fencing round most of the field (which has a rusty old car in it) is barbed wire and old tyres. I once passed and a pony was tangled in it's rug. I went in and they were less than friendly. I passed again with my dog an hour later and nothing had been done about it even though when I went in the owners had been doing nowt.
Oh and one day I was on the bus and a junkie from the nearest big town was on talking on his mobile. He was saying that he was going to visit his horse that was stabled there :eek: He looked like he could hardly take care of himself let alone a horse. How could he afford it? If anymore of the clients are like him then maybe explains how they have not surfaced yet.

Maybe the laws up there are different, but surely an animal suffering can be seized by the powers that be. Eviction noticed served or not. I know the article says that the SSPCA havent any room, but arent there any other horse charities up there.

It is near where I live. There have been two instances of dead horses being left in the fields.
There is the ragwort problem that they were asked to sort out but did nothing about. The fencing round most of the field (which has a rusty old car in it) is barbed wire and old tyres. I once passed and a pony was tangled in it's rug. I went in and they were less than friendly. I passed again with my dog an hour later and nothing had been done about it even though when I went in the owners had been doing nowt.
Oh and one day I was on the bus and a junkie from the nearest big town was on talking on his mobile. He was saying that he was going to visit his horse that was stabled there :eek: He looked like he could hardly take care of himself let alone a horse. How could he afford it? If anymore of the clients are like him then maybe explains how they have not surfaced yet.

That's awful. :(

Surely that is an out and out case of neglect/cruelty and the horses should just be removed.

The law is an ass.

Maybe because they are a livery? I don't know. There could be a loophole if they do not own the horses (or say they dont). It has been a long running saga in the local rag for nearly a year :mad:

The horses in the field do not look emaciated or injured. The two dead ones were the result of an accident and one was pts with colic. The issue was that on two occasions there was dead horses out in the field for a period of time rather than being removed ASAP. So it is was not an Amersham scenario more just long running horses being kept in less than satisfactory conditions.

newrider.com