2020 Hacking & Riding Thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Now I wish I'd gone back into the house for my phone! No pictures which is a shame as it's a beautiful day here. Mr T went around the winter paddock on Zi and both did really well - even though it's quite frosty and to me - looked a bit slippery. They are sure footed beasts mostly though aren't they?! So pleased with them both. Zi got two Crunchits!!!! :D :D

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
You're lucky having a lovely day, trewsers - pouring here, and more to come. :confused:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
You're lucky having a lovely day, trewsers - pouring here, and more to come. :confused:
Aw sorry you have rain. It's been a wonderful spell here - can't believe how lucky we are. We had a blip for one day but Mr T has been doing something with Zi most days. It's lovely to see them together, I feel so pleased for him. I know it sounds weird but I'm getting as much happiness seeing them together as I would if I was riding. And it's lovely walking along beside them (even if they do leave me behind lol)

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Got out for a road ride on Billy. Only about 2.5 miles. It was very chilly. Got back with very cold feet. So to warm up i kitted up chunky in his harness and took him for a long rein walk. We went down in the field and walked over a few poles and the logs just to make him work a bit harder. So just over a mile.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Mr t and me did a bit in hand with Zi today. Could have ridden as it's not windy at all, quite favourable conditions really. Alas Mr T wanted to get back to his work, I don't think he wants a late finish. So we played about a bit and then let him out for a roll (Zi not mr t lol). He was very good and seems to be in a really receptive frame of mind right now. Considering it's December I'm impressed! He went off the boil around this time last year but looking back maybe it was our fault. We didn't do anything regularly and then expected to hop on as and when.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Set my alarm this morning for 6.15 (as I've done for the last 3 days) and it's pouring - again - as it's done for the last 3 days. Suffering withdrawal at the moment. :mad:
Boo hiss. I hope your rain stops at some point. It's soul destroying at times isn't it. Here we have calm and dry for now. I keep myself going looking at pics of the yard without the mud (well it's dried in summer lol).

Reactions: horseandgoatmom

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Managed a road ride on billy. About 3.5 miles. Managed to keep warmer than yesterday. Mixed it up again with plenty of gait changes.

I then harnessed chunky up and hitched up the cart for a little drive. Only 1.5 miles to the end of the road and back. First drive in 2 months. He was ok with it, and we just plodded along.

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Boo hiss. I hope your rain stops at some point. It's soul destroying at times isn't it. Here we have calm and dry for now. I keep myself going looking at pics of the yard without the mud (well it's dried in summer lol).
I'm crossing everything for tomorrow. It's supposed to be better, I really hope so, as I'm fed up of getting up, looking out the window, and realising I could have slept another hour!

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Hurray! Had a lovely ride this morning, and couldn't believe how happy Hogan was to be going out too! He was a star, despite 3 extremely bouncy springers, a man and a van, 10 runners in a group, and a partridge in a pear tree. The runners annoyed me actually - came straight for us, stretched right across the track, and didn't slow or break formation - we had to get out of their way. Really hoping that's the end of the wet spell. No pics - had 2 pairs of gloves on!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hurray! Had a lovely ride this morning, and couldn't believe how happy Hogan was to be going out too! He was a star, despite 3 extremely bouncy springers, a man and a van, 10 runners in a group, and a partridge in a pear tree. The runners annoyed me actually - came straight for us, stretched right across the track, and didn't slow or break formation - we had to get out of their way. Really hoping that's the end of the wet spell. No pics - had 2 pairs of gloves on!
That's annoying of the runners! Boo hiss to them. Glad you had a lovely ride though. Well worth the wait by the sounds of it.

Reactions: Huggy

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Good ride this morning, but very cold, and very foggy. Hogan took it in his stride, he was a bit less enthusiastic today, but still a good boy. Trotted up well, but cantering seems to have hit the back burner - for now. ?

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
The weekend didn't start well for me. I had booked Friday off to ride as usual, but I was a bit focussed on a couple of other tasks. Anyway I got Harvey groomed, got all my tack ready and then went to put on my boots to find that they were at home in the kitchen where I had been cleaning them :( Its about a 45 minute round trip to home and it was really too late so that was that :(

Saturday went better. It wasn't a nice day and my groom friend and I were deciding what to do when YO said she would give us a jumping lesson in the school (she is a BHS II). So that is what we did and had fun with a SJ course of 4 fences including the double I had so much trouble with last week. It took a few goes but eventually I persuaded Harvey that he could do it in one stride rather than 2.

Sunday was a fun ride - yay!! The weather was a bit horrid in the morning - foggy and drizzly, and my buddy was making noises about cancelling but I decided I was going whatever and then so did she. We started the ride in drizzle but it stopped after about an hour. We did decide to take the shorter route (8 miles) as we were a bit cold and damp. We had a fun time with a couple of nice gallops where the ground allowed. Arrived back at the yard in the dark and then had to go and poo pick my surrogate ponies by torchlight.

We got a bit muddy!
IMG_1730_HEIC-X2.jpg

Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
2 hours 15
8 miles

Totals
Schooling
38 hours 30

Hacking
91 hours 35
318.1 miles

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Out again this morning - cold, but lovely. He's being a good boy atm, the only thing that rattled him slightly, was a man with 2 Bernese mountain dogs - they were beautiful, but huge! He danced past them, but they were good as gold. Still 2 pairs of gloves so no pics! However, you'll be pleased to know, the invisible barrier is still in place - his bucket was just behind the door! Screenshot_20201209-121805_Gallery.jpg

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Out again this morning - cold, but lovely. He's being a good boy atm, the only thing that rattled him slightly, was a man with 2 Bernese mountain dogs - they were beautiful, but huge! He danced past them, but they were good as gold. Still 2 pairs of gloves so no pics! However, you'll be pleased to know, the invisible barrier is still in place - his bucket was just behind the door! View attachment 104820
I love his tail ribbons!!!!!