2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

Oh don't worry - I used to have to read madam the riot act years ago. Boy did she deserve it sometimes! It was often the only thing that quietened her down and put her in place. Honestly, don't worry, it's not your fault if something did happen before you got him. You didn't do it for no reason!
Thank you!!

Happy Christmas everyone! I managed a tiny ride on the beast again, so feeling very pleased and festive. Soon this thread will be drawing to a close, I'm very happy with everything horsey wise that's happened (or not) so far this year. Hope you are all the same :D
Who knows, at this rate I may even get on board tomorrow as well!

Happy Christmas everyone! I managed a tiny ride on the beast again, so feeling very pleased and festive. Soon this thread will be drawing to a close, I'm very happy with everything horsey wise that's happened (or not) so far this year. Hope you are all the same :D
Who knows, at this rate I may even get on board tomorrow as well!
How nice would that be! Sadly I won't have time, but hope to ride off some Christmas chub on boxing day. Enjoy if you do!

Dispite a bit of warmer temps and sun the ice is still quite bad :mad: .
Plain old snow would have dissipated much better.
I did get Sonny out for some grass.:);)
My arena is still all iced up and the grass is too with splotchy thick ice.
This angle makes it look REALLY GOOD WHERE SONNY IS.. BUTo_O

But close up you can see all the thick ice still:mad::(

The tall pines shade the arena quite a bit to not get great melting.
The same with the big rd pens oh well.
I appreciate the trees when its really hot out.

Oh dear. Not a happy post from me. Very sore and in lots of pain in my backside. Fell off on my Christmas day ride! I wasn't even feeling nervous today which is a real bummer. I was only walking too but Zi put in one of his mahoosive spooks and it was too late, I was off. I knew I was going and couldn't right myself, there was just no coming back from it. He spooked, leapt sideways and did his banana shape and I thudded off. Boo hiss.

Well i dont post normally on this thread but ive just tallied up my excercise on the boys for the year. With 3 more possible days of exercise for the year to go.
Billy has done 245 days of ride, lunge or in hand walk out.
Chunky has done 189 days of ride, drive, lunge or in hand walk outs. Hes done 58 drives.

Just found last years exercise list. Billies up by about 23 days and Chunky by about 6 days.

Im actually quite pleased as i thought chunky had done a lot less. Days wise he hasnt but distance wise i know hes done less.

Oh dear. Not a happy post from me. Very sore and in lots of pain in my backside. Fell off on my Christmas day ride! I wasn't even feeling nervous today which is a real bummer. I was only walking too but Zi put in one of his mahoosive spooks and it was too late, I was off. I knew I was going and couldn't right myself, there was just no coming back from it. He spooked, leapt sideways and did his banana shape and I thudded off. Boo hiss.
Oh no! That's rotten on Christmas day. Especially when you were enjoying it so much. Rest up and ease those aches and pains, and no extra carrots for naughty Zi!

Sonny unmounted 153.50 hrs
Mounted 31.50 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

Not the best of conditions but finally a little bit of play.
This ice is just not wanting to shift easily even with some dry and sunny days.
Hopefully after some warmer temps and heavy rain sunday. All things considered it could be worse..

The cavaletti pen has one strip of ice on one side and a lot of that is brittle with an air space so I carefully played in there VERY LOW KEY...

He was a good boy no silly boy and he did avoid the spot that is still quite thick which is fine he looked and chose where he wanted to go.

the good side

the bad side but he was careful.

Well i dont post normally on this thread but ive just tallied up my excercise on the boys for the year. With 3 more possible days of exercise for the year to go.
Billy has done 245 days of ride, lunge or in hand walk out.
Chunky has done 189 days of ride, drive, lunge or in hand walk outs. Hes done 58 drives.

Just found last years exercise list. Billies up by about 23 days and Chunky by about 6 days.

Im actually quite pleased as i thought chunky had done a lot less. Days wise he hasnt but distance wise i know hes done less.
Whatever he's done, he's done more than big bum and I! :p

Christmas! :) ( = extra riding)

This year we were allowed to finish work early on Christmas eve so I sneaked off for a ride. I was going to ride in the school but 2 of the others arrived just as I had tacked up so after about 10 minutes I joined them for a quick hack

On Christmas day and Boxing day the grooms have the day off so I was volunteered to help YO with turnout. I took the yard veteran out for a hack with YO and one of the other liveries, and then took Harvey out with YO for a longer hack.

On Boxing day I hacked with our groom (who for a change wasn't working!)

Christmas hack number 1
i-6vvWjmN-X2.jpg

Schooling
10 minutes

Hacking
3 hours
9 miles

Totals
Schooling
39 hours 20

Hacking
337 miles
91 hours 35

I managed out this morning, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a bit grey and grim, and I could kick myself, my son gave me reflective gear for Hogan for Christmas and I forgot to take it with me. That aside, it was a lovely ride, and set me up for the day. Didn't get pics while out, but this is Hogan in his good boy pose.Screenshot_20191227-183102_Gallery.jpg

Managed out yesterday and today. Hogan was VERY sluggish yesterday - my legs were like jelly when we got back, from legging him on. Today was misty and grey when we set off, and I remembered my hi viz stuff - yay! When we got into the forest, 3 forest ponies decided to join us on our hack - all the way. To give Hogan his due, he was a bit distracted to start with, but ended up pretty much ignoring them. There was a time I'd have had to get off, as he'd faff about and be really naughty, but we seem to have got over that now. Pics of our hack companions, and hi viz Hogan! :p Screenshot_20191230-105352_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191230-110119_Gallery.jpg

You’ve all done brilliantly over the year, well done. I try to log rides but soon forget what I’ve done when and then it seems pointless.
Looking forward to reading next years hacking/riding/in hand thread.
@Trewsers I hope your feeling ok now from your Christmas Day fall x

I'm okay now thanks, still bruised and sore but least I can walk up and down stairs easier, it was awful the first night. Hanging up my riding gear for a while though, it's frightened me and Mr T doesn't like the idea of me falling off from such a great height. He wasn't meant to be my horse anyway, he was always bought for Mr t not me. So I'll be taking a break from riding until the foreseeable - but there's always plenty of other horsey things to do isn't there?

Hello!

I've managed to post very little this year - but still pop on to see what everyone has been up to :)

Pete and I have still been getting out and about and up to bits and pieces, so can't complain about our 202 :)

Will hopefully post some pictures soon!

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and you all have a great 2020.

Much love Xx

I'm okay now thanks, still bruised and sore but least I can walk up and down stairs easier, it was awful the first night. Hanging up my riding gear for a while though, it's frightened me and Mr T doesn't like the idea of me falling off from such a great height. He wasn't meant to be my horse anyway, he was always bought for Mr t not me. So I'll be taking a break from riding until the foreseeable - but there's always plenty of other horsey things to do isn't there?
Yes there is, you can come down to the midlands and have a pootle or two on Belle :D
Sorry it’s spooked you Trewsers and sorry your still suffering.
Im sure neither Storm nor Chloe mind lots of cuddles, you can’t beat just ‘being’ with them can you.

newrider.com