What saddle should I buy......

Kerpug

May 12, 2007
I'm on the look out for a new saddle for my 15.1hh very chunky and very flat-backed horse?? I think I'm looking for a synthetic as only hack and have always found my Wintec really nice until recently when he put on some weight. I have heard such bad press on Wintecs so was wondering which do you think would be more suited for description above..... Thanks :)

I use Thorowgood maxam Cob Gp with XW fish on my tabletop Haflinger, and also a Treefree Dartmoor treeless saddle, both she loves and goes great in them. Treefree I got second hand, as they are expensive new, but the Thorowgood was new. Heard good things about the Saddle co saddles but havent tried them as am happy with my cheapie Cob synthetic.:)

I have a synthetic extra wide saddle for my chucky boy - it is fairly light in weight and cost about £220 last year. I will see if I can find a name on it tomorrow and let you know if you like.

I've looked into the saddle co saddles and the nearest fitter is where I got my bridle made to measure so am going to give him a call for some more info.

Heard alot about the thorowgood so will look into that more. Thanks Kab if you could let me know :)

newrider.com