Waterford Snaffle

Most of the horses that I've known who were ridden in a Market Harborough have ended up leaning. It's usually a combination of the riding that meant the market was used in the first place and the action of this martingale which does encourage leaning. Chances are your friend's horse will lean less if she takes off the Market Harborough and it's nothing to do with the bit. Why did she use the Market Harborough originally? Why does her horse get left behind? Is she trying to hold her back to play galloping catch up? If she uses a waterford and either pulls or saws on it she could damage her horse's mouth. As has already been said, it depends on the hands as to how mild or severe the bit is, she may want to try other alternatives as suggested, rather than trying a waterford and maybe try something to solve the problem that caused your friend to use the market harborough instead. Hope this helps.

Sue Carnell
sue@eclipse.co.uk

I think the book comes from Kangaroo bits.... Alix E is a director of Kangaroo. But I can't find anything on their website that tells you how to get it. Perhaps you should email them?

newrider.com