VERY VERY MESSY HORSE IN STABLE, should i??

I have a really messy horse who will trash a whole bed.
When I was on shavings he was on 4 bales of hunters a week, the bed never looked clean and it smelt when you went in.

As we are not allowed straw I tried Megazorb and Aquamax.
I am currently using Aquamax as it doesn't smell (at least not until you dig out the pee patch), it's worked out a bit cheaper.
Mucking out I bought the special fork and and that lets you sift really small poos from the bed quite quickly and his hooves are better as it stays drier.

Nothing is ideal with a really messy horse

If we were allowed straw, I would use that and accept that I would be taking out nearly the whole bed every day.
Makes it very quick to muck out as there is no sifting involved, you just clear it out and lay a new bed.

I've not tried it, but I have a friend who swears by Febreze, the stuff you spray on clothes. Apparently it's great for getting rid of post muck out horse smells before work.

we have 2 clean and 2 that make up for them they are all on rubber matting and kali gets 1/2 bale twice a week and that is fine other wise we go through a 2 bale a week as she likes to put it up the walls in the water and genrally has fun with a big bed murphy on the other hand is very dirty in the middle but genrally leaves the clean stuff that is in the connor alone (good boy):D

newrider.com