Velvet Skull covers

acw295

May 21, 2006
twitter.com
Anyone recommend one that doesn't look too cheap??

As a temporary measure I need one for shows (I want a velvet hat but am skint and as we are only doing very local things I am hoping it won't matter for first few low key outings :eek:)

There are quite a few on ebay and other places online, from £5 upwards. Can anyone recommend a nice one (Navy) or is it pot luck? :)

Is for local level clear round jumping, walk/trot dressage and possibly a novelty showing class in the summer. Nothing serious :)

I wouldn't buy a hat online - have a lot of trouble with fit and my head safety is very important to me. I have a very safe skull that fits beautifully.

I know the one I want, have had it fitted at tack shop but it is over £100 and I don't have that spare at the moment. I need new carpets and sofas first and have a holiday to pay for, so on a tight budget.

Only Charles Owen hats fit me - or Champion ones. The one I want is a CO, but it will have to wait until the autumn payrise so I need a stop-gap.

is it the showjumper xp one?

only one that fits me too, H2000 is ok aswell but more expensive ;)

tried on my mums junior champion hat, was like wearing pudding bowl just didnt fit my head at all :)

yeah, that's the one :)

I have neglected my house and I want to sell it in the near future so it needs updating, especially in the current market so have to be sensible and cut costs where I can :rolleyes:. Plus I have bought lovely leather dressage cut boots, tweed and navy jackets recently which cost a bomb. Need shirts/ties/stock as well to get me ready to do something with my slightly mad pony this spring/summer so have to cut a few corners where I can, and I don't need a new hat for what I want to do - it is really very local, low key stuff.

I'll just order a cheap cover and hope for the best - it will only be for 5 or 6 things max this year. Will get the showjumper xp when I have got everything else sorted.

I am quite likely to end up on my head :eek: so would rather not take a chance on a hat that doesn't fit well :D and we'll probably be going too fast for anyone to spot our naff headgear......:p

is it the showjumper xp one?

only one that fits me too, H2000 is ok aswell but more expensive ;)

tried on my mums junior champion hat, was like wearing pudding bowl just didnt fit my head at all :)

newrider.com