Thoroughbred mare for loan x

dragonfarmgirl

Oct 26, 2008
cheshire/shropshire
Hi Folks,
I am looking for a short/long or permanent loan home for my thoroughbred mare, Poppy.

I rescued her 3 yrs ago from Beeston Market in pretty poor condition and, although I haven’t had time to do much with her myself, she is fit, healthy and ready to find a new partner.

Poppy is 7yrs old, Weatherbys registered, 15.2, bright bay with excellent conformation and very pretty face.

She has a steady, non spooky, LBE temperament, is VERY loving (and licky !) and is good to catch, lead, load, travel, groom, vet, farrier, dentist and has no vices at all.

Currently barefoot with front boots, she lives in or out, is fit and healthy, never needed the vet and is up to date with dentist, vaccinations and feet.

After 5 months of gentle restart Poppy has been lunged, long reined and is established in walk, trot and canter, starting to work in an outline sometimes, is ready for intro dressage and has a wonderful energy for her work, really enjoying it and trying hard.

She has been hacking out with other horses in all traffic and seems unbothered so far, being brave, curious and happy to lead when asked. She has also cantered in open fields and was perfectly behaved.

I wish I could keep her myself but someone has to out on loan and, quite frankly, no-one would want my fat, stubborn haflinger with sarcoids so Poppy has to go

Poppy can stay on current yard (in Altrincham) with excellent facilities and atmosphere or can be moved subject to reference checks.

She is a very special, loving, uncomplicated horse who will bond strongly and be a perfect partner for someone and will excel in any discipline (except perhaps serious endurance), and be a friend for life.

Please feel free to message me with any questions or pass her details on to anyone you think might be interested.
Sarah x

Attachments

• 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 258.jpg
    258.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 269.jpg
    269.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
newrider.com