Site freezes when i try to write replies

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Every time I try to reply on a thread, everything freezes, and I have to close and try again. Any suggestions?

You're not using Samsung Internet are you? I've had to switch to Chrome following the latest update, Samsung was just unusable on forums.

I've tried logging out and in - no joy. Yes, on Samsung Internet! Will try on chrome, thanks šŸ˜Š

Ah I remember, the top bar of your reply box, the piece of paper with a magnifying glass top right, click it or un click it, that should free it up šŸ¤ž

You're not using Samsung Internet are you? I've had to switch to Chrome following the latest update, Samsung was just unusable on forums.

Ah I remember, the top bar of your reply box, the piece of paper with a magnifying glass top right, click it or un click it, that should free it up ļæ¼

About to try it, but it doesn't look right, here goes

Strange my tablet is on Samsung internet no issues last time i posted from it. Maybe it hasnt done the latest update.

Strange my tablet is on Samsung internet no issues last time i posted from it. Maybe it hasnt done the latest update.
I'm on my phone and after the last periodic update Samsung Internet was awful. When I was typing it would suddenly insert loads of extra rows, so it looked as though it had wiped everything, but it hadn't, it was still there if I scrolled up. But I'd only type a few more words and off it would shoot again, and put tens of blank lines between paragraphs. Plus constantly freezing. Had to sack it!

Reactions: Huggy
We use Samsung phones but always google chrome as a browser and google as search engine. No problems with NH.

Ive probably jinxed myself, my tablets just done a browser update.

Thinking about it, a couple of months ago i found i couldnt post pictures using the tablet that was through the samsung browser. Nobody else was experiencing problems at the time.

I'm on my phone and after the last periodic update Samsung Internet was awful. When I was typing it would suddenly insert loads of extra rows, so it looked as though it had wiped everything, but it hadn't, it was still there if I scrolled up. But I'd only type a few more words and off it would shoot again, and put tens of blank lines between paragraphs. Plus constantly freezing. Had to sack it!
Exactly what's happened with mine - now on chrome which seems better, but still a bit wonky. I hate this phone - can't wait to change it.
Ah I remember, the top bar of your reply box, the piece of paper with a magnifying glass top right, click it or un click it, that should free it up ļæ¼

I've also found what's app acting up - really hard to attach pics to messages now. It's all since the endless updates. My DiL has had the same. Not sure I'd get another Samsung after this.

Im now doomed. Ive just posted from my phone and it wouldnt let me scroll down numerous times whilst i was writing a reply on a post.
Samsung phone using chrome browser. Last update for browser was 4 days ago.
Obviously something is amis, but sounds like it might be samsung. Probably one of the system background apps installed that gets updated behind the scenes rather than a browser app.
Hopefully it gets a fix.

Im now doomed. Ive just posted from my phone and it wouldnt let me scroll down numerous times whilst i was writing a reply on a post.
Samsung phone using chrome browser. Last update for browser was 4 days ago.
Obviously something is amis, but sounds like it might be samsung. Probably one of the system background apps installed that gets updated behind the scenes rather than a browser app.
Hopefully it gets a fix.
I think it's samsung too - ill never get another one after this one

Ive been quite pleased with samsung. Ive had motorola and nokia phones previous. Neither lasted very long before going wrong. I have a samsung tablet and a phone now. I also brought a new tv a few months ago. By coincidence thats samsung. Im now much more modernised and everything syncs together. Not the vintage tv and digi box i had.

I think it's this particular phone. I upgraded to the s21 and I really don't like it at all.

Aw, I love my S21. I've had Galaxy phones for years, except for a dark period when I was peer pressured (by my children) into getting an iPhone. I hated that with a passion!

My favourite was a Motorola pebble flip phone - I'd have another flip phone in a heartbeat.

newrider.com