Should I buy another saddle?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I am once again on the lookout for someone to share/ride 2 of my horses, I have someone who is interested in one of them but am looking for a rider for the other.

I recently bought a new saddle that could be used on both of these horses, it works well for both, I thought I would be having the 2 sharers ride on different days so one saddle was fine, but now I am leaning towards both people riding on the same day so I have free days during the week, which means I am in need to 2 saddles.
I have a western saddle but it belongs to my dad, it fits my cob and was bought for him, but I am planning to use it to school/show western in and don't want it to get scratched, as the leather marks fairly easily, it's also quite big to lug around and I only have a little car to carry things in.
Would it be stupid of me to buy another saddle when I have one sitting there doing nothing?

No, not silly at all! I've five sat around doing nothing and two that I use :D

Some people like to buys shoes etc.....:D

Sounds quite practical to me! Unless the other sharer rides bareback?! I don't even have a horse and I have a complete set of tack in my garage! :D

newrider.com