Shhhh..... don't tell anyone....updated!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I did a bit of poo-picking tonight! :eek:

Well circumstances dictated that it didn't get done yesterday so there was two-day's worth. So I suggested to Dom that I have a go, just to see how it felt and that if it hurt, I'd stop. And I was very careful and slow and it didn't hurt! In fact, I was wearing my Gumbies which have NO grip and I was more worried about slipping on one of the banks! :giggle:

I KNOW I have to rest, but I also need to keep my mobility and muscles working and moving. And I HATE being such a burden to Dom with so many horses to clean up after. I've come home and still feel absolutely fine. Not saying I'd be up to doing it every day but I felt really useful being able to help him. Just wish I had enough strength in my left arm to be able to change gear in the car and drive!!!

BAD WOMAN !! Well done, you must have a real sense of acheivement, I completely understand the urge to DO something, it wasn't that long ago I managed to tack up for the first time on my own since wrist incident and I felt brilliant about it.

You don't need telling not to overdo it, that is what OHs physios and doctors are for, have a rest and bask in the glow! :wink:

Poo picking is good, long as it don't hurt go for it bless, will help build up your fitness and 'normality' I set my sister off once, she had a complete nervous breakdown luv her, poo picking helped heaps. Slow but sure luv

Naughty, naughty! I was suppose to rest for 6 weeks after my surgery, yeah right i was up heaving water buckets, hay and poo picking after 2 weeks, i also hate being a burden and relying on other people.

If you feel ok and are not silly about it im sure you will be fine :happy:

See? I KNEW you horsey lot would understand!!! :biggrin:

(which is why I'm not telling my mother!! :redcarded:)

Who would have thought that poo-picking was such a desirable occupation! Amazing how not being able to do something affects how we view it. Just be careful, though, Domane (and Frances) - sorry, it's the mother in me coming out!

Yes you are very naughty, however, if you felt ok doing it then can't see why you shouldn't. I think horsey people are a tough bunch anyway as a rule and usually sensible enough to know when enough is enough, either that or we are all barking mad! Glad your feeling better enough in yourself to have a go though.

The thing is you can't bear to be at home & leaving the horses to O/H all the time. While I did realise that I shouldn't have been there when I was so ill I did go with hubby a couple of times when he went to do Ben & once even got on for a short while. Always really knocked me up but also amde me happy. Try not to do too much arrgh! what am I saying your ribs will tell you to stop in no uncertain terms :biggrin:

newrider.com