Saddles! Wide cob!

I think on forums the written word is misunderstood. I saw the op comment as the front grew before the back because he was a rescue, it was mentioned it in the same sentence. But it meant something else, no wonder horses misunderstand us we can't communicate amongst ourselves. :D
However I don't believe this is permanent with a young horse?

I also did physio visits I believe it was every three months with exercises probably similar to the op. It's amazing how they change shape, mature and muscle up when you think you already have something muscled!
If mine turned green she could pass as a hulkette. Her canter really thuds and she gets comments about starting an earthquake.

Reactions: Prjsmk
There are lots of suitable saddles for wide cobs. I've used Ideal grandee, ideal H&C, ideal event, Jeffries falcon event and currently have a native pony Glen working hunter. I also have a requisite treeless bought for backing my tank highland but a useful spare on the other two podges. I found the thorowgood cob a decent fit too. Fiona Cork do native/cob saddles too. So lots of choice out there. Maybe time to change your fitter if they aren't helpful!

Reactions: carthorse
I have the epitome of wide short backed horse. A Belgian draft tank who can only take a 17 inch Kent and masters cob saddle with the widest gullet setting. Comfy as hell. We also use rubber shelf liner - I have sewn it to the inside and outside of my numnah so it grips his hair and his saddle. I don’t have issues with it slipping while riding, just when I’m mounting. Tbh I stopped using the grippy stuff just recently and have noticed little difference. I think his shape has changed a bit in years gone by. We have the girth in a y shape, first and last strap to keep it anchored. Job done

Reactions: Cortrasna
To be fair, Pete scurried & pulled himself from his shoulder - with time, regular physiotherapy, therapeutic pads & schooling he's learnt to push from behind and is now light in front. They can change, so don't lose hope :)

Pete's in a made to measure Jeffries saddle as it was a struggle to find anything off the peg to fit.

We need xxw and in summer xxxw! Wideee load! Lol. Found a website called chunky monkey... Saving up now! Thre saddles start from £950! Which is alot but im willing to save, for now thinking of getting a bareback pad with the stirrups and also having a pad under that

newrider.com