Otitis Externa

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Woah, have I been floored!!!

Last week I had a proper "head cold" - snotty nose, zingy head, muffled hearing but no sore throat or cough. It was my middle daughter's 29th b'day on Sunday so youngest daughter booked a Saturday off from her hairdressing job (a rare treat) and we planned a weekend to London to visit aforementioned daughter, plus my son who had recently bought a new house with his lovely girlfriend.

Friday night I was on the phone to out-of-hours ShropDoc...asking how to cope with the right-sided earache that had started. (Not had earache since I was a child) Painkillers worked and Sat morning Dom and I mucked out and turned the horses out. Home, shower and off we set....3 adults and 2 dogs. Big mistake for Janey. Things got oh so much worse and Sunday I was confined to an ever-deflating airbed with awful sickness every time I moved. I lost count after 15 :( Thankfully hairdresser daughter doesn't work on Mondays so we were able to stay another night and yesterday I braved the 3-hour journey home....without vomiting!! A quick stop at the docs had me diagnosed with Otitis Externa and some antibiotic/anti-inflammatory drops have been prescribed. But these will take 24-36 hours to start taking effect.

So I'm home and in bed, feeling sorry for myself. I can't yet move around much because the world spins more than it should. And I haven't seen my horses since Saturday :( Dom is on chore duty for me.... *sigh*

And I never even got to wish daughter a hapoy birthday, let alone see her.

Omg that sounds horrendous! Poor you. Loads and loads of quick healing vibes. What a shame it spoilt your plans too. Bummer. Yes ear ache is dreadful, another here (touch wood) that hasn't had it since childhood. It was the one thing I remember getting and sitting quietly sobbing in a corner and then cried even more once the local gp arrived. Oh dear. Take carexxx

Oh nasty, hope you soon start to feel better. Reminds me of Vertigo I had once....... like being very drunk on a boat in a really choppy sea! Couldn't even open my eyes without vomiting! You have my complete sympathy. Lots of ear healing anti sickness vibes coming your way x

Ouch. I've never heard of that, but having looked it up it affect 1 in 10 people to some degree

newrider.com