Hind End Lameness

• Thread starter Deleted member 249280
  • Start date
Get another vet, and if needs be be prepared to do scans. I'd have no faith in a vet who told me a horse showing the symptoms you describe was fine and that being the case I wouldn't want a full lameness work up done by him as it sounds like he's already made up his mind. Get another vet and start from scratch, also be open minded as the lameness may be a symptom of a different problem. In the meantime I wouldn't be working him if he was mine.

Yep I’d be booking in for a full work up at a hospital facility, so they have everything there to do a thorough work up.

It shouldn’t be an issue that he trots sound (or is that bilaterally lame) if he’s stiff out of the stable that will give them a clue and with different surfaces, nerve blocks, imaging etc. they’ll no doubt be able to figure it out.

Reactions: carthorse
if he is stiff when stabled, can you manage 24.7 turnout, we do that with Buddy and Sapphire as they would both have issues if stabled. I have the same issues in a way with Saffy, don't think she will be sound to ride.

newrider.com