Friday the 13th

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Right so I don't really believe in it however this greeted me today

Screenshot_2017-10-13-17-45-38_1.jpg

When looking for the rock or object that caused this I came upon a poor pigeon! So he's coming home with me for the night as seems bright and no obvious injures but obviously very dazed. Hoping he will pull through!

Poor birdie :eek: I am not usually at all superstitious about Friday 13th - but have to say today hasn't been one of my best days - early night I think to get it over and done with. :oops:

Poor birdie :eek: I am not usually at all superstitious about Friday 13th - but have to say today hasn't been one of my best days - early night I think to get it over and done with. :oops:
Sorry to hear it, hope tomorrow is better!

Specsavers, love it! He's still alive, sitting a little huddled on his perch now, I do hope he's alive in the morning. I've put lots of bird seed in there and a dish of water and he's got the blanket which hopefully he will go onto if he takes a turn for the worse.

Fingers crossed for a happy release tomorrow!

Reactions: Trewsers
Ale, you absolutely have to change career and work with animals. There are not many people who would nurse a pigeon back to health and I love the fact that you haven't mentioned anything about the window, just about the bird. I hope that he flies away pain free soon and avoids windows in future. x

Is that your (house sitting) house?

A bird going through a window could only happen on Friday 13th!

I hope he's doing well this morning and flys away happy.

Reactions: MrA
Folklore will have us believe that a bird coming in the house had an important messsge depending on the direction it flew from.
Possibly the message here was oops wrong altitude.

Reactions: MrA
Ale, you absolutely have to change career and work with animals. There are not many people who would nurse a pigeon back to health and I love the fact that you haven't mentioned anything about the window, just about the bird. I hope that he flies away pain free soon and avoids windows in future. x
You are too kind, I think any animal deserves a chance and just wanted to give him that :)

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Is that your (house sitting) house?

A bird going through a window could only happen on Friday 13th!

I hope he's doing well this morning and flys away happy.

Yes and I can't get hold of the owners annoyingly.

Well someone was very perky this morning! :D

I left him until lunchtime as left in the dark and by the time I was back he had eaten half the bowl of seed and looked as though some of the water had been drunk.

Time for release I thought. Well he had no intentions of leaving the cage! Was worried he couldn't get flight from the ground as he did much flapping but not alot else. In the end I caught him again and threw him into the air, and he FLEW :D

He landed in a tree a few gardens down, got his bearings for a bit, waddled down the branch and flew away :)

I promise you this is the same pigeon!

2017-10-14_11.44.36_1.jpg

Happy ending!

newrider.com