Fall at the last hurdle

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Nightmare, after all the prep for the new years day parade I've had 2 bits of bad news today, I've been let down on the trailer I was borrowing and my driver has just realised when he switched from his US to UK licence they didn't grandfather his towing and hgv portions over :( and I'm not licenced to tow since having to redo my test a couple of years ago.
Unless I can find a 3.5t box thats available to hire we won't be able to get there :( another friend has room for hank but not the cart too :(

Will yourcart fit into a normal hatchback car boot. May be with the back seat folded down?

No its too big for that but we have it sorted I think, got a trailer and recruited my mum to come and drive, she's not towed horses before but has towed trailers and we will just leave with lots of time and be that annoying horse vehicle going super slow, I'm hoping being new years day and leaving at 5.30am there won't be too much traffic to upset :)

Reactions: lauren123
What a rollercoaster it must feel like! So pleased you've got something sorted :). I'm sure that 5.30am will be fine - I once drove from north of Birmingham to the New Forest very early on 1st Jan and it took half the usual time as there was literally no-one about.

Glad you got sorted would of been a real shame not to go. My OH had never towed anything before but did the test, passed and towed trailer and horse the same day didn't have any problems just go steady.

Reactions: Jessey
SO glad you got something sorted - good ol' Mum's! I was thinking of you today as I was telling my Mum all about it :)

Do you know if the parade is being televised at all?

Yes thats the one, it will be online there on sky channel 212 and free sat 401 :D I think some of it was on the beeb last year too :D

Reactions: PePo
It is cold and very foggy in London today. Take care with the driving Jessie.
And could you may be re-post please where we local NR folk should go to watch you? I wouldnt buy seats as sitting in this weather is not good for old people. So we may not make it. But I think Ale too planned to watch?

Ooh glad you are sorted Jessey, could't have the little dude missing his staring role. Good luck, can't wait to see it on TV. :)

All the horses are together this year, we are the 9th group in the parade over all and within the horses we are 5th, Ben hur :)
For anyone coming we are meeting at Piccadilly next to green Park, which (somewhat scarily) is open to the public before the parade so feel free to come and find us and say hi :D we will be there by 8am.
The parade route is from Piccadilly (just up from green Park station) at noon, regents street, pall mall, Whitehall and finishing at about 3.30pm by parliament square :D we then go back to our vehicles via great George Street, the mall up to the palace and past the ritz which isn't part of the parade.

Reactions: PePo
Just to add, for anyone looking for us, hank isn't looking quite himself, not the normal hairy fuzzball, I've been a mean mummy and made him naked :p

_20161230_171744.JPG
Not quite 4 white horses, but 1 half sized silver one :D

Reactions: domane
newrider.com