Dr Jekyll and Mr Sid

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
After the nightmare napping hack yesterday I thought it would be relaxing for me and Sid to go out with my friend Uta and her horse Finbar and pony Maisie. So we did. We followed the route through the terrible frightening place where Sid was a complete a*se yesterday, and I said to Uta, "Can I lead? I'd like him to nap again if he's going to." So we went well ahead. Sid arched his neck, cast disdainful glances at all the things that terrified him yesterday, and walked through without a quaver.

And for the whole ride he led and was a complete pussy cat. At the end we had the very best canter, so long and powerful and like sitting in a rocking chair! And he looked so happy all the way round, perky ears and a soft, cheerful eye.

Finbar ignores Sid completely and Maisie actively dislikes him (she tried to double barrel him this afternoon, but she is only 10.2 and over 30 so couldn't quite land the punch). So it's not that he likes being with friends. But more and more I suspect that he did very little hacking alone in his previous lives. So Dr Jekyll goes out hacking in company and Mr Hyde Sid is on his own!

newrider.com