Cushings diagnosis awaiting....

Apple24

Sep 20, 2015
so I recently noticed that my golden oldie had started to drink more even when out grazing on ample grazing so his vaccine was due and have asked the vet to run bloods for Cushings and if negative will check his liver and kidney function the vet also noticed that his heart murmur is not a grade 4/5! I am so worried that his old age has suddenly hit him quick!!

Aw lots of kind thoughts. When they get older it's somehow always a shock. I expected my Storm to stay the same forever.....
Our Chloe has Cushings and it has been (touch wood) very doable. She is on Prascend and seems absolutely fine - nosier than ever lol

Thank you that's what I'm hoping that it is Cushings as that is the easiest thing to cope with medication x

The worst thing is waiting for test results, it drives me crazy. Cushings is generally very manageable now days with the available drugs, its brought my mare from not coping with work to back in full work.

Charlie does have Cushings his test result was well over 200 which should be under 50 given the time of the year I am actually quite glad we have a diagnosis!!

Thank you he is now on or ascend one tablet once daily it has made him slightly Inappetant through have started him on fast fibre as the vet said although not a conditioning feed does slow everything through his digestive system so he gets the most out of it also being very palatable x

The lack of appetite will pass. Try half a tablet morning and evening for a few days before upping it back up to the whole one once a day- they seem to adapt to it better that way.

newrider.com