Ziggy sees the vet

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Our vet Ben Mayes was coming to look at my friend Suzi's filly who is lame, so I booked a session with him to check out Ziggy's little lumps and bumps.

He has a bit of eczema again as his coat sheds out. This year it is under his chin. I still have Fuciderm left from last year and am to carry on with that.

The sudden hard lumps on his fetlocks are calcification of the ligament as it attaches to the sesamoid bone. They are normal in middle age and nothing to worry about, apparently, though Ben said they were "interesting", which I hate to hear a vet say, and that it would be "curious to x ray them" but I decided not to hear that :redface:.

The little lumps under his tail are melanomas, and the number he has and their position and size (one about the size of a small marble, one the size of a pea) are normal in greys his age. He will get more of them, but there isn't much to be done or any need really to worry.

So it's as you were, and don't worry, which is fine by me :smoke:

Good that there was nowt to worry about! Chloe has lumps under her tail too - vet said it's quite common in greys. How old is Ziggy now? That's interesting about the calcification lumps - I remember a thread you posted about those. Fuciderm's good stuff isn't it? I had some for both Storm and Chloe - it cleared Storm's strange mystery itching up - it was sore too.

Glad vet visit was ok!

Lumps under her tail are one of the few things madam doesn't have!!! I suspect her constant rugging in summer and avoidance of sunlight helps in that!

Jane, I use the same practice. Got to to love them all. Comon sense over huge un necessary bills. I have one of those check up visits on Tuesday.

Phew, brilliant to hear. Funnily enough someone was just telling me about those lumps under the tail that greys get just yesterday!

"Interesting"to a vet usually means "not strictly necessary but I personally would like to see what is going on inside" I reckon!!

newrider.com