Ziggy is a town pony not a country pony

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I managed to sneak home today in the glorious sunshine, fling my boots on and run over to the field. I didn't have time to brush Ziggy so we went out bareback again: I'm sure he appreciated it because he was a little bit sweaty underneath when we were done, it was so warm.

We had a gorgeous amble - just walk and the odd little jog - and he was very good and chilled so I could just admire the blue sky and the red and gold leaves. Perfect.

I've attached a couple of ear shots just to show you what a lovely day it was.

We did a shortish loop of about an hour, mostly off road but finishing up along our usual little lane. When we were nearly home we passed the place where we have our lessons. The owners bought the house earlier this year and, as is the fashion with the very rich people down our way, they are going to demolish the largish 1930s house and build a completely new one. So the front garden/entryway is full of mobile homes, piles of shingle, JCBs and bulldozers as well as horse boxes. At the time we came past one of the JCBs was scooping up enormous grabs of shingle and dumping them right next to the road with a tremendous crash, and the whole area is fenced off with red and white tape which flutters fetchingly in the breeze.

The drive opposite has recently been protected from travellers by two new big logs. As we went between the logs and the roaring JCB Ziggy looked very anxiously at the logs and spooked AWAY from them, right towards the JCB and the crashing shingle. He didn't turn a hair at the building works!

He definitely grew up on a big estate in Dublin, not in the green of County Clare ;)

Attachments

• Autumn2.jpg
    Autumn2.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Autumn1.jpg
    Autumn1.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 21
It often makes me chuckle at what tgey choose to spook at. What lovely fuzzy ears [emoji2] it looks so nice there

Ah but you see wood is quiet and could hide a lion, but a JCB would just flatten it.
Today mine trapped a pheasant in the barn, she just turned her bum on it and let it panic about not being able to get out. I bet that was the one that got me off! Equals!

Is he going roan? Got speckles and dark ears?
I was going to put, looks nice for a canter, but then I would hit that tree that juts out! Bet you £10

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com