Ziggy in jail

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Everyone says how palatial our shelter is for box resting small grey people, but Ziggy is unimpressed.

[URL=http://s754.photobucket.com/user/jane_heritage/media/In%20jail%20again/IMG_1091_zps89547186.jpg.html][/URL]

Mum, there's grass out there. Mum, there's grass. Out there, Mum, there's grass...

His best friend Mattie is in the field outside so they can chat and groom over the gate, and I have done a 30 mile mercy dash to get him Simple Systems Lucie Nuts to put in his treat ball so he doesn't get any molasses. Now this he approves of.

[URL=http://s754.photobucket.com/user/jane_heritage/media/In%20jail%20again/IMG_1092_zps659c8042.jpg.html][/URL]

Forget the soaked hay, there are noms in my treat ball...

He is the sweetest natured little horse, so accepting and kind. Even though it was blowing a gale today he just settled in. And thank God for bute, he was so much more comfortable after his powder (which he nommed, of course, being such a good pony).

Ho hum to 10 days of jail...

Aw pony in a cage, poor Ziggles! But at least he has a nice view and a friend to talk to, if you have to be on box rest then that's a pretty good deal.

Bless him what a sweety,hope he is feeling better soon and I'm sure 10 days will fly by with such lovely nom noms to be searching for :D what a great mum x

Lovely photos. He's a babe! Where did you get the treatball from - not seen one of those for horses before!

he is lucky and tell him Rosie did 6 months solitary in the donkeys stable - ok it was 24ft x 12ft with deep litter and had a nice view but it was a long time and she did it twice, so he is a lucky bunny

My elderly fav is also on box rest. Leg sliced by a kick in the field which can take a long time to heal, our RI says. It added to our list of hospital visiting. And in our case no treats allowed for fear of lammi.
You think that being out in a field having holiday will be best for them and then stuff happens. I am sorry about Ziggy though -

Be good Ziggy!! I am sure he will be. Hope the ten days flies by. Our Joe did 6 months and then another and then another................he was always either injuring or doing something which required a stay indoors...............
Looks like you have a nice set up there too - and it's great that he can see his friends. Storm and Chloe send him their best flirty kisses (Chloe is the best kisser I'm told).xxxx

newrider.com